Attempted Rp Rape Unpunished

Redneck tried to rp rape lunar goddess almost 4 months ago. i believe an ip ban is a fair punishment for him and his alts. Magic duel should be safe from rape. I was unable to get the ban due to no proof and lack of effort on Grido's part, to help me get proof. Mur this should have been sent to you way before now. Id like to talk directly please, so i can explain why it wasn't. This should be investigated its a very vulgar thing.

Edited by MWBrady

What Redneck may or may not have done, since you lack evidence, obviously really got to you or you wouldn't be making this topic, but asking for an IP ban seems hugely excessive. If something like that happens you aren't forced to stay in a scene, you could easily just walk away. Even if Redneck somehow movelocked you, you could just log off. I fail to see how this is a major issue.

thats so pathetic Brady! why would you wait four months to bring this up now for? and it's such a big ass lie! plus what Perv. has sex online any ways? i seen you and Lunar G. on GG quite a lot, so maybe it's you that tryed to "raper" her.
but truth be told, if you would tell it, this so called rape incident is not real, its just some idea you see as a way to get some one ban. the real reason is you are just being childish and ignorant! i got over the way you and lunar godess acted toward me back then. you two had no right to act like that! i have even tryed to make amends with you two! seemed to be working out fine,for me any way. this is totaly uncalled for. if you want to tell every one a story read us a Steven King novel, don't make up some bull crap lie!

The issue is that you havent attempted to do anything about it until now.

If you had acted right away if grido had not been helpful you could have asked a number of other people to pull the chat, for there are many people who can do this.

What makes you tell of this now?

The main problem is you have no evidence. So nothing can be proved.

I will throw my 5 cents in. I will take it bit by bit (or at least try):

[quote name='MWBrady' date='30 December 2009 - 07:44 AM' timestamp='1262151851' post='51386']
Redneck tried to rp rape lunar goddess almost 4 months ago.
[/quote]
2 things strike me when you say this:the word "tried" and the amount of time that has passed since then. 4 months is a looot of time. There is a so called "prescription" of a crime. For me 4 months is more then enough when it comes to MD. Most of the players don't even have 1 year of active play.
Why did you waited so long?

[quote name='MWBrady' date='30 December 2009 - 07:44 AM' timestamp='1262151851' post='51386']
i believe an ip ban is a fair punishment for him and his alts.
[/quote]

Ip ban is the extreme punishment in MD.It will not be applied only for THAT crime (in case he committed it - don't forget that he is considered innocent till proven guilty).

Magic duel should be safe from rape.
[/quote]

MD should be safe for all kinds of explicit sexual activities. But of course, you don't want that. I wonder where did redneck got the idea of doing what you accused him of? Hmm...any thoughts?

I was unable to get the ban due to no proof and lack of effort on Grido's part, to help me get proof.
[/quote]

So, you don't have proof after all. But you still have the guts to make the accusations...I must admit:in a way I admire you. In another one I pity you. In the end we'll have to see which one prevails :P. Grido is not the only moderator of this game. If he did not help you, you should have gone to another one. If none other was available you should have addressed Mur at that time. Not wait 4 months! I was not there to know why Grido did not help you. And his reasons of helping/not helping someone are his own business. He will respond to that part. What I do believe is that he had a good reason for what he did/didn't do. Oh...and one last thing: a ban is not something you use when you want. It's a serious thing. So don't be sure you would have "gotten the ban" even with proofs.

This should be investigated its a very vulgar thing.
[/quote]

I said the same thing about cyber sex. And lots of players supported me. But from the ones involved almost nobody replied to that topic. It was fun to see how they hide without having the guts to admit it.

Now, don't get me wrong: I don't defend redneck. He is an annoying little spammer. And a rude player. Sooner or later he will probably be banned. BUT this topic has no point! Why do you revive something that happened so long ago? And further more...how can you do such a thing without having the necessary proof?
I do agree, it's your right to complain.<start ranting about MD cowards and hypocrits > And I ALWAYS encourage players to use the forum to do that (which you did and I consider this a good thing). I hate players that go behind someone's back and report that person. Those are the lowest of the cowards.</ends rant> But be prepared for the consequences since not always you'll win.

Pff..enough said for the moment.

[quote]
redneck tried to rp rape lunar goddess almost 4 months ago, i want an ip ban as his punishment him and his alts md should be safe from rape
[/quote]

You must be joking. Did he use a movelock to hold her in place while he was "rp-raping" her? Idk who the sick person is, the one raping someone by role-play or the one feeling raped and staying on to watch it.

I am going crazy with all this ..stuff.. about cybersex, rapes and such in MD. What is wrong with you people. When i first put the rule that you can do whatever you want if its in remote locations i was not thinking of this to escalate so much. It happens to me when i travel in remote places of md to discover very often scenes of sex, or at least questionable discussions. I am not hunting you because i consider its unfair since i travel a lot in very obscure places and nothing is private place for me, but if anyone complains, like now for example, then its a crime.

Holding the issue for 4 month almost looks to me like potential blackmail material.

What concerns me even more is words i heard about sexual activity, hormones, naked woman, invitation to rape and all that, AT THE GAZEBO OF EQUILIBRIUM, in the most public place. When you start such talks, look first at the playerlist and imagine not all the people there talk, but they read and leave with a bitter taste thinking md is a community of sexual deviants and obsessed people.

Think that there are players from 13 to 50 years, some might find it amusing, some arousing, some sick, there are all kind of players.

These things get punished IF COUGHT. If someone tells me rumors about what might have happend in a place, remote or nor, i cant take any action. I wont even retrieve the chat in that place to check because maybe that person saw just the clear chat dots and never saw a potentially offending discussion. You need to collect proof yourself, or with the help of those that want to use their spells to help you with this.

Its no point to come to me to copmlain without solid proof and especialy after 4 month.

I must admin i am probably obsolete, but i can't imagine how rape goes by roleplay. Does the victim moan in chat, does she get bruises on her avatar after this? Does she go take a long shower AFTER READING THE CHAT TO THE END? Does she feel scared from the screen next time she opens the computer, or feel the mouse looking under her shirt?

Come on people, you demand very real punishment to very unreal situation. The best i can do is punish for obscene words in public chat, that YES i can do, and will do, but caring about you being raped....sorry i have to say, but rape, even in RL, doesnt actualy go without consent, or i am stupid enough that i don't get this rp-rape concept yet.

ps. maybe i should stop registrations too, with so much sexual activity MD could provide its own population.

MWBrady, you are unreal.

If this was such a big deal, you would have brought it up much earlier, instead you waited four months before you decided to get death Ray banned. Pathetic. I wonder what death Ray did recently to piss you off so much you would blackmail him with this.

As for death Ray, I have absolutely no problem thinking that he actually tried to "rape" lunar godess. This is not the first time I have heard such accusations against him.

As for Lunar Goddess, I wonder how she feels about this? Being digitally raped by a 15 year old.... In a game.... By a person thousands of miles away.

[quote name='Muratus del Mur' date='30 December 2009 - 06:41 AM' timestamp='1262173315' post='51436']
....sorry i have to say, but rape, even in RL, doesnt actualy go without consent
[/quote]
To the contrary, rape is exactly that. It is the forced sexual assault of another person [i]without their consent.[/i]

While I agree that this topic is little more than some pathetic attempt to seek vengeance for some imagined wrong, committed by a player who has already shown he is ignorant and has all the personality of slime mold, I find the above statement--made by the creator of this game--to be in extremely poor taste as well as inaccurate and insensitive to those who have been the victims of the [b]very real[/b] crime of sexual assault.

Rape, by its definition, is nonconsensual. The victim doesn't "just let it happen." They are forced to engage in an activity that, in nearly any other circumstance, they would otherwise not consent to participate.

Role played rape is something that cannot happen; one cannot be forced into participating in a sexual act when said person has the ability to move away from the scene, log off, or even "defend" against another’s actions. One who is using sexually laden or even violent language, however, can harass another, following them around with the sole purpose of being abusive. There are several avenues open to any who see this type of behavior and can easily report it to the proper authorities. In the end, though, role played rape is not, and should not, be a concern within this, or any other, game.

That being said, I still find the statement made by Muratus del Mur to be completely inappropriate. Speaking with those who have been the victims of sexual assault would enlighten you in discovering how consensual the contact was. Your statement is appalling, insensitive, and ignorant.

Please do not confuse what happens within this virtual world with what occurs within the real one.

[quote name='Watcher' date='30 December 2009 - 06:49 PM' timestamp='1262198995' post='51456']
That being said, I still find the statement made by Muratus del Mur to be completely inappropriate. Speaking with those who have been the victims of sexual assault would enlighten you in discovering how consensual the contact was. Your statement is appalling, insensitive, and ignorant.
[/quote]

I think you're reading too much into this. I can see what you mean, but I highly doubt Mur is trying to say every rape victim was "asking for it." I think it was just a case of bad wording. The issue he is trying to get across is that it's pretty much impossible to be "raped" in the chat window of an online game.

On another note, I can't be the only one who finds this whole situation so ridiculous that it's now verging on plain funny. I like both Brady and Luna, but the very concept of being "raped" over the internet conjures up some pretty awesome mental images; I doubt i'll be able to look at my modem the same way again.

And Fenrir, Redneck is the "rapist", not Death Ray :P

I think personally, that yes your right no one can force you to stay in scene with that and so forth BUT is it not the fact that someone actually tries to RP that to you that would highly offend and sicken you? I dont think it is something that people should be trying to RP to someone else, and the if you dont like it leave the scene attitute isnt right if it offends you which i would assume it deffinately would should not something be done about it?

To be clear i am speaking only of the issue not about specific cases or anything.

Edited by Sparrhawk

Sparr, there is nothing we can do until we have a better system in place to monitor and check each accusation. Without rpcs anymore, we don't have any "official" people left to do this.

All we have is Grido, and he is time constrained enough.

As for me confusing redneck and death Ray, they are pretty much the one and the same to Me.

Then perhaps it would be a good idea to have few people who can, a few people with accustic remains locate perhaps and even a teleportation spell who can be contacted at any time to gain evidence or what not take complaints and then meet together to sort them out or bring them to grido for decision if he is time constrained which i dont doubt then would not this help out alot to have a few people dedicated to this.

By who can be contacted I think a button similar to LHO entitled complaints or something directed at these people Im not sure I personally think that it could be a good idea.

Edited by Sparrhawk

This situation was reported to Grido the day it happened. I was told that it would be dealt with but nothing happened. It was never investigated and no one was ever punished.

I realize that nothing can be done about this now. Proof cannot be given so late.

But something SHOULD have been done about it when it happened and NOTHING was done. That I think is the point right now.

I believe an alliance with dedicated people should be created for just these types of things.

[quote name='Watcher' date='30 December 2009 - 12:49 PM' timestamp='1262198995' post='51456']
To the contrary, rape is exactly that. It is the forced sexual assault of another person [i]without their consent.[/i]

While I agree that this topic is little more than some pathetic attempt to seek vengeance for some imagined wrong, committed by a player who has already shown he is ignorant and has all the personality of slime mold, I find the above statement--made by the creator of this game--to be in extremely poor taste as well as inaccurate and insensitive to those who have been the victims of the [b]very real[/b] crime of sexual assault.

Rape, by its definition, is nonconsensual. The victim doesn't "just let it happen." They are forced to engage in an activity that, in nearly any other circumstance, they would otherwise not consent to participate.

Role played rape is something that cannot happen; one cannot be forced into participating in a sexual act when said person has the ability to move away from the scene, log off, or even "defend" against another’s actions. One who is using sexually laden or even violent language, however, can harass another, following them around with the sole purpose of being abusive. There are several avenues open to any who see this type of behavior and can easily report it to the proper authorities. In the end, though, role played rape is not, and should not, be a concern within this, or any other, game.

Please do not confuse what happens within this virtual world with what occurs within the real one.
[/quote]

Thank you, Watcher.

Edit: The point is when you are in that situation you can fight as much as you want but if the person over powers you, your screwed. It is not consensual when such a thing happens and it is not okay in any way shape or form. The women who have such things happen to the do not 'ask for it' nor do they deserve it.

Edited by Amoran Kalamanira Kol

umm wot? O.o to punish rp raping? oke.... then tell me wot should we do about rp "physical" assaults and rp tries to kill someone, assault or murder is heavier crime than raping afaik, so... next time someone attacks ya and beats ya up with his drachs while ya are walking down the park speak with yas king and tell him to lock that guy in prison... yeah right... get real

[quote name='Sparrhawk' date='30 December 2009 - 11:37 AM' timestamp='1262201874' post='51461']
I think personally, that yes your right no one can force you to stay in scene with that and so forth BUT is it not the fact that someone actually tries to RP that to you that would highly offend and sicken you? I dont think it is something that people should be trying to RP to someone else, and the if you dont like it leave the scene attitute isnt right if it offends you which i would assume it deffinately would should not something be done about it?To be clear i am speaking only of the issue not about specific cases or anything.
[/quote]

I agree.

The thought of raping someone went through Redneck's mind.

If I had not threatened to get him banned he would not have stopped. If he didn't stop at that time I would have left.

I couldn't get him banned because it was never investigated.

Edited by LunarGoddess

honestly IMHO this is the kind of stuff that runs people away from MD. It's one thing for something to happen and be reported to the proper authorities. It's another to open up a topic like this that causes not only mass drama, but always those from outside or just joining the game look at it like a bunch of immature kids on it playing to get their jollies off.

I am the first not to defend redneck. Hes is an abusive, foul mouthed, foul tempered, brat of a kid who needs a good arse kicking or two to get him in line. People like him give MD as well as all children his age a bad name. That though is beside the point of this topic.

It's one thing to pull people into a big drama fest over an alliance, or a festival or something that is MD related. This, while happened in MD, it is not a matter of anything besides hesaid/shesaid bla bla bla....

I would excpect more out of this from you Brady. You and lunar have always been upstanding members of the community. To drag something like this into the forum and only worsen the name of MD is sad indeed.

It had been pulled out onto the forums because nothing was ever done about it. Those incharge of things like this, for some reason, decided not to get involved.

No body did their job.

That is why I brought it up again. Because things like this should be dealt with right away so that the proper punishment (where it is due) can be given.

No Redneck...I would try to get away in a rl situation. But this is the internet, no real harm.

You should have been banned because the thought of raping someone crossed your mind.

But that is not what I am trying to get across to people. Nothing was done about this at the time. It was reported to the proper people and they did nothing. That is the point.