Full Authority Judges

Ann. 3029 - [2014-06-07 19:48:13 - Stage 12] Posted By Muratus del Mur 
Full Authority Judges
Granos, Ailith and dst, have been granted a limited number of warrants, to apply any conviction, penalty, or take any FINAL and irrevocable decision in any conflict, or trial, in MD, against anyone, including themselves. As something special to this partial authority, they are allowed to use these warrants in conflicts involving themselves..as i would have probably done. The only rules are that TWO of them need to agree to a decision and that I will have the last word on HOW their decision will be applied or made public/worded. This is because I DO NOT want veteran players or secret Council members reputations be tained long term by this. Past showed me that a simple decision can unfairly destroy someone's long term efforts and reputation, and this is something i try to avoid at all cost. I will personally assume any of their (limited number) decisions if needed publicly, so if i suddenly pop in into a conflict and close it by giving a final explained or unexplained decision, this might be because one of them decided so. If i will consider that the effects of the decision do not need my 'cover', they are allowed to announce it themselves... and I can only hope they will find the power to act as fair, unbreakable, judges.

Why? because once I acted so, now i am away, but MD needs this, and the personality of these 3 people is enough and well balanced to equal my decision power.

They each have 8 warrants. each time one is used, it should be sent back to me. These warrants do not expire and will remain unaffected by any future socio-political changes in MD. These warrants can be used against kings if needed, but not change concepts or decide in coding/balance matters..obviously. Concept matters remain mine and coding matters remain Chewetts to decide, as usual.

Two of them needed to agree on any one topic, and two of the three are [redacted] very close irl. Although in a perfect world such ties will not influence decisions made ingame there is lots of potential for corruption with this system.

Edited by Rophs
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd rather PREVENT something from going wrong in the first place.

Two of them needed to agree on any one topic, and two of the three are [redacted] very close irl. Although in a perfect world such ties will not influence decisions made ingame there is lots of potent

This fuss is a big stupidity.   Previously Secret people took the decisions and nobody complained.   They could made anything and you could not point your fingers to anyone cause you didn't knew w

We are not living together as much as I wish that was true not actually married yet. As for choices, honestly I think I would have better luck getting Dst to agree with me on more things than Ailith.

I hope this isn't taken out of context of what it really is for, such a position I wish wasn't needed nor wanted. But I full well understand why it is needed.

Our personal lives do not change our morality in regards to MD.

We are not living together as much as I wish that was true not actually married yet. As for choices, honestly I think I would have better luck getting Dst to agree with me on more things than Ailith.
I hope this isn't taken out of context of what it really is for, such a position I wish wasn't needed nor wanted. But I full well understand why it is needed.
Our personal lives do not change our morality in regards to MD.

Remember what we talked about? :)

Two of them needed to agree on any one topic, and two of the three are (to my knowledge) married and living together IRL. Although in a perfect world such ties will not influence decisions made ingame there is lots of potential for corruption with this system.

FYI thats personal information and in my view shouldnt be on the forum and you should recieve a very stern warning.

I may not be popular, but I agree with what most people say.

Regardless of whether you say you won't let personal life interfere with decisions in MD, I do not believe it's possible. Say, for instance, a decision must be taken against something that Ailith did - let's say she is truly guilty (only hypothetical, I do not wish to suggest in any way Ailith has done anything). Would you vote against her, to have her banned, for instance? As we assume Ailith would vote in her own interest, thus in order for a fair resolution to be reached (following the assumption she was guilty), you and dst must BOTH vote against her.

That's how I see stuff, I may be wrong.

FYI thats personal information and in my view shouldnt be on the forum and you should recieve a very stern warning.

I don't quite agree, althought they didn't made announcement about it they already made it known themselves. Besides they didn't complain about him "revealing" such info either.

I may not be popular, but I agree with what most people say.

Regardless of whether you say you won't let personal life interfere with decisions in MD, I do not believe it's possible. Say, for instance, a decision must be taken against something that Ailith did - let's say she is truly guilty (only hypothetical, I do not wish to suggest in any way Ailith has done anything). Would you vote against her, to have her banned, for instance? As we assume Ailith would vote in her own interest, thus in order for a fair resolution to be reached (following the assumption she was guilty), you and dst must BOTH vote against her.

That's how I see stuff, I may be wrong.

Any decision taken against the three of them will be made by myself and council.

I don't quite agree, althought they didn't made announcement about it they already made it known themselves. Besides they didn't complain about him "revealing" such info either.

Yes It is, and if they had not been happy with it, I would most certainly be dealing with this properly.

If its not written publicly, and is personal information, you cannot post it. Even if they have told you, without their permission you cannot post it. There is no discussion for the matter.

Actually, i think the idea isn't bad. Consider it as a sort of experiment like the pc. We can always create a havoc if we disagree with their judgement. That would cost them a lot more than what they'd earn with power in their hand. Though i'd like to suggest a small change. Instead of a majority rule, make it that, the judgement shall not be passed if any one judge disagrees. That'd put a greater responsibility on their shoulders and you wont have the 'corruption' problem that rophs refered w.r.t personal ties.

for all the people who dont want to give them a chance, their credibility is at stake. If their work turns out well, its good for md. If it doesnt, i dont think md's current status could,worsen

In all my time spent in my role as peacekeeper, I negotiated and resolved many issue and conflict between players, group and lands. Once or twice I even had to punish close friends because they had done something wrong. I know most of you won't remember why I earned that role or how I kept it so long, but my success in that role and my character are the reason I was chosen for this.

And Ary, if Granos ever did anything against the rules or for whatever reason came to judgement, even if the council were dealing with it, I would judge him like anyone else. While I am in this realm, all that matters is MD and its survival and success.

Time will tell, please don't judge before you have seen evidence :)

To be honest I came back with the intention of observing things, I did that for a short time watching and seeing what MD has become, to which I contacted a few people with the intention of helping MD.

This is something that I have always done regardless of public opinion. The only difference now is that it is an official position and I am not in the background.

Regardless of the announcement or anything to do with powers grated ect... This is something I would be doing regardless, It is who I am and what Granos is to MD.

I have never needed authority or tools to make changes to what I saw needed to be changed I always found a method in which to achieve what I sought, the fact I now have tools to enact this with the assistance of others, just puts things in the public view. 

As clarification, I do not need tools to perform this and never have.

If the community as a whole once actions have been taken feel that I should not have this type of position then by all means when the time comes petition to burn me at the stake, but until that day comes merely take the chance and see what happens, you may be surprised....

Ailith, your other post just says otherwise although you don't realize it. I also don't think there is point in this discussion any further, relationships and affiliations as well as our dearest personal interests directly affect the outcome of decisions, no human being can defy it, it's proven fact. Since it can't be eliminated, we should strive to minimize it, not endorse it

Ailith, your other post just says otherwise although you don't realize it. I also don't think there is point in this discussion any further, relationships and affiliations as well as our dearest personal interests directly affect the outcome of decisions, no human being can defy it, it's proven fact. Since it can't be eliminated, we should strive to minimize it, not endorse it

Ary, please accept the fact that other people may know more about themselves than you might. You have theories, I have experience in working practice.

As I said, time will tell :)

Sorry no. Human history always proved otherwise I don't want to risk experimenting in order to see if you are special exception. Besides reread my first sentance in my last post, in my eyes you already went over it. We are both firmly holding our "opinions" and ain't coming any closer to agreement, decision isn't up to me so I will drop it and leave it rightfully to Mur. I spoke my concerns and this is where it ends.

Normally I don't quite care for such matters but today I'm hyperactive, tomorrow I'm back to my nap regiment.

Here it goes guys and to Ary mainly, do you know Granos? Do you know Ailith? The answer is no, you do not. You are only judging them because you see a "couple" so you see two versus one in any type of issue. In which case you are wrong. Those of the brotherhood know what Granos stands for and how bonded he is to his word. And lets not mention how Ailith is a tree hugger who loves to keep the peace. Therefore, it is my humble opinion that Mur couldn't have chosen two better candidates to not only balance each other but to challenge each other to provide MD with the right choice. 

While many think I am not active *cough* Chewett *cough* I am and it is mainly because I love to watch MD more than anything. One of the things that keeps me watching and keeps me intrigued to MD is that it is the perfect form of government. While me have a demon and kings and allies. The real order givers are the people because whenever a change occurs or something doesn't go well the people get up in arms and resolve it to fit their needs and their wants . So in my view if the people didn't want these judges they will eventually be forced out but what I can say is that these Judges are the best MD has to offer. 

Finally, STFU Ary :) Mods might want to edit this...

First: I already shut up on that matter. But you rise it again.

Second: Another subjective view about knowing the people. In my mind it's not about person, unless that person is not human but a God. Such Arguments don't change my opinion as I already pointed out.

Third: I'm more interested in arguments that support the existance of unbiased stance in humans who are in such position. You know psychological studies and facts as well as statistical.

Forth: If you read it I already state that I found contradiction to Ailith's claims of unbias, although she doesn't sees it as such, but she was part of it and I wasn't. Which would make me more objective than her since I'm just observer of past event, right? Especially if I pulled such a thing from her own words.

Forth: If you read it I already state that I found contradiction to Ailith's claims of unbias, although she doesn't sees it as such, but she was part of it and I wasn't. Which would make me more objective than her since I'm just observer of past event, right? Especially if I pulled such a thing from her own words.

You stated a contradiction but you didn't tell me what it is. And no, it doesn't make you more objective because you were not here when I was peacekeeper. You were not present at any of my work. You have no facts to back up your opinion.

If I have no knowledge of a past event involving a person and had no idea who they are, how could I judge them, objectively or not?

To be honest, Ary, you're not making a lot of sense.

So let me understand this because I am confused.  Your argument is that because these two know each other they can't be objective? You also state this is fact and statistical, correct? Well my next inquiry is for you to show me this data you appear to have mastered and can tell why or why not someone can be objective. Also I would like to clarify that I am not as smart as you knowing statistics from thin air but isn't there a percentage of one side and a percentage of another side? If thats the case whether its a .01% that some people while knowing someone they are working with can be objective isn't that proof enough that Ailith and Granos can be objective?  Im sorry but if the only thing you have against Ailith and Granos is statistics from thin air and psychological studies then yeah no lets stop this topic, because all statistics and facts can be refuted if you try hard enough. At the end of day honor, loyalty, and trust are the only real measures of character, and as I stated before MD has a great way of dealing with those three things.