Jump to content

Xcercses

Member
  • Content Count

    59
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Reputation Activity

  1. Upvote
    Xcercses reacted to SageWoman in Dead Again   
    ~Shall we light your pyre so you can fit in your Urn? After all the trouble that Tom went to draw it for you too. *cough cough* Still awaiting my coughin...er...coffin, Tom Pouce.~
  2. Upvote
    Xcercses reacted to Seigheart in Treasure Guardian Transparency   
    Taking a leaf from Chewett's book;

    I have created a series of 21 alts for an upcoming quest line. None of them shall be used to break any rules, nor will they be used to benefit each other, or myself. They are purely for interactibility during the quest, and for future events.

    Council has been made aware of their existence and purpose.

    They are named as followed;

    Treasure Guardian I
    Treasure Guardian II
    Treasure Guardian III
    Treasure Guardian IV
    Treasure Guardian V
    Treasure Guardian VI
    Treasure Guardian VII
    Treasure Guardian VIII
    Treasure Guardian IX
    Treasure Guardian X
    Treasure Guardian XI
    Treasure Guardian XII
    Treasure Guardian XIII
    Treasure Guardian XIV
    Treasure Guardian XV
    Treasure Guardian XVI
    Treasure Guardian XVII
    Treasure Guardian XVIII
    Treasure Guardian XIX
    Treasure Guardian XX

    Treasure Hero (C,E,B)

    You may attack them as you wish, but they will only attack back until they reach MP5

    I will begin with Treasure Hero, and gradually work my way through each Guardian, from highest to lowest.
  3. Upvote
    Xcercses reacted to Seigheart in THE COFFENING   
    I like how the Wookie's coffin looks like an electric razor
  4. Upvote
    Xcercses reacted to Tom Pouce in THE COFFENING   
    [img]http://i45.tinypic.com/sy1e6s.gif[/img]

    [img]http://i46.tinypic.com/1z89it.gif[/img]

    [img]http://i46.tinypic.com/21eq36.gif[/img]
  5. Upvote
    Xcercses reacted to AmberRune in The Council Meeting   
    [cquote]
    Part of how the council is built is with anonymity as part of its
    structure, because of this sadly we cannot attend this meeting in person
    nor in cloaks despite some of us really wanting to. This is something
    Mur was very specific about and we will honour his wish with regards to
    this. As some of you have raised on the topic, we all discuss the things
    asked of us, any questions posed at such a meeting would lead to the
    perspective of individual members, rather than us as a whole. Every
    decision we make is made between us, so any individual view would not
    represent the council as a whole, and multiple representatives would
    just mean multiple individual views. In addition, our identities may be
    easily determined by our speaking, like suggested, in game. If we were
    to be publicly known then those of us in game would not be able to
    effectively assess what is happening in the realm, as players would
    modify their behaviour when we are around - much like players do when
    Mur is. There is also a benefit to being anonymous when dealing with
    players that are known to those of us in game, as we can be a lot more
    impartial due to a lack of repercussion on familial relationships,
    should we decide unfavourably towards them.

    We are not coders. We try to manage requests and requirements and keep
    the game functioning. We also have none the less tried consistently to
    create and evolve things. The difficulty being that many things that are
    creative require a substantial amount of coding time and the coders
    available do not have a lot of time for the sheer amount of things that
    would be ideally done. In addition, we are frequently receiving personal
    requests from people for things which we have tried again and again to
    accommodate. We add these to our lists of things to do and discuss them,
    in doing so often other things are delayed but we are always impressed
    and enthused by the community ideas and imagination for the things they
    ask for and so we try to do these things so that you each might know
    that even though we are slow to do them we still respect your wishes and
    try our very best to accommodate them. Sadly we see that our accepting
    them seems to suggest they will be done quickly, and this is just not
    possible as there are other things we do for MD that have higher
    priorities. While you may think two weeks is slow, in actuality with the
    discussions as well as the coding restrictions we have, a month is a
    fast change period. The MD Birthday Cake for example may have seemed
    like a small and simple idea, but in reality it took a much larger
    amount of time to get working properly than we initially perceived,
    delaying other projects in an attempt to get this finished.

    We enforce the rules of the game and, where needed, we will evolve
    them. The new rules then take precedent over the old ones based on the
    evolution of the game. MagicDuel would be empty without players as has
    been said, but without a ruling force there would be chaos, and more
    over it would die faster than the lack of players.

    We have seen a number of people both in email and generally commenting
    regarding Mur and his word vs ours. Please understand that Mur is still
    the creator and owner of MagicDuel, and that will be the case no matter
    what. He added us to his system himself, and with that he gave us
    authority over MagicDuel in order to ensure that it continues - that
    means, in terms of authority, we are equal to him. When he is not here
    to keep things ticking, we are. This is not an easy task and we know
    many of our decisions will be, and are, unpopular, but they are none the
    less necessary. We know it can be aggravating to see some of these
    decisions come to pass that you as players do not agree with. Please
    understand that we do have members who watch what is going on and voice
    player views, these are incorporated in the decision making process.

    Often it is true that some of our decisions are delayed due to the
    'hung jury' issue. This is because many of us are willing to stop and
    listen to one person's disagreement and hear them out to see if we might
    want to change the decision that was come to by the rest of us. This
    frequently happens when a council member sees something a small group of
    players have said and throws it into the conversation. Most requests,
    and our own ideas, require a lot of consideration and discussion before
    they might be transposed into the realm which hopefully helps you to
    understand why things seemingly take a long time. We also have to
    consider the implications of things we do, not just in terms of it's
    popularity and how current players see something as good or bad, but
    also along the lines of the game as a whole in it's future timeline with
    the planned growth developments being taken into account. Many of the
    things people may want to see fixed as soon as possible are put on a
    back burner while something else takes priority, but when we are able we
    take something you say and try to fix it, such as the PM titles on RE RE
    RE issue that was brought up on the forum. We attempt to try and get
    some of these quicker fixes into the game as they are brought up on the
    forum so that the issue is dealt with fast, however this also slows down
    other coding projects. In the Development Focus thread we are getting
    your information regarding what you want done, so that we can prioritise
    this better.

    We feel that having an updates thread where the current information on
    what we are working on is a great idea. We would like, if he will
    accept, to have Awiiya as a direct go between, between ourselves and
    yourselves the players. If he accepts, he would be kept up to date with
    what we are working on, and will be able to talk to the players
    regarding any issues they have or recommended improvements. Awiiya would
    also be informed of what we are currently dealing with so that he can
    respond to individual players questions regarding their queries since it
    seems you want to be able to ask this information from a player. He
    would be in charge of keeping a public thread updated so that people
    know what stages of development features and items that we are working
    on are at. Having multiple queries from multiple people come to us in a
    single email makes it easier and quicker for us to respond to. This
    would make the work of the council much more open and public, since he
    would have the power to ask us for more information so that it is
    distributed, instead of telling a multiple people the same information.
    This person will also be in charge of telling us the public's mood,
    arranging for polls and other collection of information, so that they
    can tell us directly, "The people want this feature to be worked on
    first". This will be easier for us and yourselves, since we can work on
    something that "you" want done. If you have some issue with what is
    currently being worked on, and wish to enquire why "your" feature isnt
    being worked on, you can find Awiiya and talk to him directly.

    We are sorry that many of you are frustrated. We are trying very hard
    for you even if you cannot see it, or do not accept it. We spend many
    hours trying to deal with MagicDuel's requirements in a fair and
    balanced way. This, unfortunately, does take time, and we know ourselves
    that this is frustrating.

    MD Council[/cquote]
  6. Upvote
    Xcercses reacted to AmberRune in THE COFFENING   
    I at least wanted to try for the urn.

    [url="http://storenow.net/my/?f=4561"]Urn for Spartiatis[/url]


    I'll add the coffins later if I make them. Or add color
  7. Upvote
    Xcercses reacted to Eagle Eye in THE COFFENING   
    my entry drawing

    [attachment=3954:SAM_9120.JPG]
    [attachment=3941:SAM_8864.JPG]
    [attachment=3942:SAM_8868.JPG]
  8. Upvote
    Xcercses reacted to gonzalocsdf95 in THE COFFENING   
    I do not like to be first, but still nobody went up nothing
    I need one. My intention is just to participate and if I win best XD
  9. Upvote
    Xcercses reacted to apophys in The Council Meeting   
    Note that Mur being away might be partly an experiment to see how MD handles itself for the most part; to see whether his brainchild has grown independent enough yet. I suspect that Mur may be trying to make MD self-sustaining and, more importantly, self-evolving without his input being necessary.



    Replacing the council with anything without knowing the full extent of their duties is a [b]very[/b] bad idea. They are doing their job, slow and unpopular as it may be, it gets done. Anything new may not do it at all.
    However, something must be done to fix the issues at hand.

    As a first step, we need to get the council to sit down and talk.
    A discussion, in game or on the forum, is absolutely necessary to gather information about the situation at hand. For this, the council needs a permanent representative, even if this representative remains anonymous and is unable to make any promises or decisions. Master of Ceremonies would do for now, but probably not permanently.


    [b]I suggest that we also elect a representative for the talks[/b], so that the council representative is not swamped with questions from all sides. And we need to make a list of topics that our representative would bring up in talks.
  10. Upvote
    Xcercses reacted to Seigheart in The Council Meeting   
    Z, I agree completely. IF the Council makes an appearance, use Master of Ceremonies... This would be a Ceremony, no? Just... not a good one.


    The Council is on Trial.

    As far as I can see, the public is starting to question your decisions. People are demanding answers. Perhaps, you should answer... within a TIMELY manner.
  11. Upvote
    Xcercses reacted to awiiya in The Council Meeting   
    Again, I don't really want to have complex conversations here about What Should Replace The Council without first giving them a chance to speak out.

    I mentioned that they should appoint one person to step forward IF that makes it easier for them. If they want to all show up and take questions as they see fit, I'm fine with that too. Whatever works for them, is the point I was getting it.

    I'm not necessarily 100% sure of One Leader to Rule Them All. What I like most about the idea, however, is that it gives us a central point to go to and talk with. And it allows us to give feedback in a far more manageable way. We don't currently have that.

    And it may not be necessary to unveil their true identities, though I'm not against it. We should, however, have WAY more idea of how the Council works, who is on it, etc. Keeping us in the dark isn't protecting us, it's making us blind and uninformed.

    I agree Shoeps was a wreck. But another in that situation may not have been.

    I do want a meeting. I don't care who meets there, as long as they represent the Council in one or many bodies.

    As to you Chewett:

    How more efficiency - appoint someone to communicate with.
    How more creativity - appoint someone in the realm whose job it is to be fun and imaginative. Give them free reign. Let them be public, it's good to have characters that are in front of the scenes. Ask us.
    And yes. I do think it's a good idea for the Council to answer questions on the spot. It's not like we'll be asking them to decide the future of MD. More like, Who are you. What do you do. Do you see what we hate?


    Awi
  12. Upvote
    Xcercses reacted to Chewett in The Council Meeting   
    [b]TL;DR: wtf do council do? I NO WANT A STUPID "GAME MANAGER" AGAIN, LAST ONE WAS RUBBISH. council creativity needs to increase. Suggestions how?[/b]

    --------------------------

    [quote name='awiiya' timestamp='1339708212' post='114782']
    1. I don't think anonymity has promoted accountability. Lines of communication between the Council and the MD people have been slow and out-of-game. We can send you emails, but sometimes they take forever to get a response. And when was the last time the Council posted on the forum? There needs to be a conversation between us and them, and right now there isn't.
    [/quote]

    Murry clearly made them anon for a reason, is this right? i dunno. I would personally be most interested in asking Mur why council was made anon and not public. Then again, i look at the last time we had one soul game manage (LOL) and... yeah, comments about that below.

    [quote name='awiiya' timestamp='1339708212' post='114782']
    2. I think the Council has lacked a full understandings of the mechanics of MD's soul. This is rather subjective, but none of the things they've developed have seemed to be pushing MD in a new or interesting way. From what I've seen, they take care of bills, pass out creatures, and generally keep the "order." That's not a way to create an atmosphere of interest.
    [/quote]
    Its relatively easy to sit there and go "X lacks understanding" because honestly, i don't think anyone understands it lol. i certainly dont. Please step forward if you are sure you know all about MD's soul and ect, i would like to learn more. The point im trying to make, is that Mur is very much an artist, wheras i see council more as an accountant. They do stuff, but not necessarily creatively ect. Perhaps that needs to change with some more direct interaction with MD peoples.

    [quote name='awiiya' timestamp='1339708212' post='114782']
    1. A singular leader that people know and communicate with directly.
    [/quote]
    Sounds a great idea, having someone public that can be communicated with, is a nice idea, but i would not like someone to "run" MD publically and openly... See my comment about a sole leader below

    [quote name='awiiya' timestamp='1339708212' post='114782']
    2. Much much much more efficiency.
    [/quote]
    I want the council to be faster, better and sexier! its quite a subjective and "random" thing to say. All of you wont know that i deal with the council with regards to forum payments and a few forum related matters that need someone "in charge". For example i went to council regarding the MD Wikia thing. Now, you only need to add a couple of "me" asking them a variety of questions, and jobs mount up. I have no clue what the council does. I know that they reply to me (sometimes lol) regarding questions i have, and i can logically work out that they surely must reply to others, but honestly i dont know what they do, so i dont think its entirely fair to say "they need to be better" when they might be actually doing a shedload more than i ever imagined. You guys didnt know they dealt with all the forum and site related "admin" answers, because i never told anyone. What else do they do?

    [quote name='awiiya' timestamp='1339708212' post='114782']
    3. A more creative direction.
    [/quote]
    yes+++ lol SUPERYES - how?

    [quote name='awiiya' timestamp='1339708212' post='114782']
    The Council should show up prepared to answer our questions. We will not provide a list of questions beforehand
    [/quote]
    Ofc, that sounds logical, but... (see next point)

    [quote name='awiiya' timestamp='1339708212' post='114782']
    - this will be the first time that the Council is forced to answer on the spot. If you need to delegate one person to go out of the Council, so be it. Do whatever you need to do to make this work.
    [/quote]
    council != one leader...

    I dont know the internal structure of a council, there might be one leader, if so, ignore this all. But the last time we had one leader, it worked TERRIBLY. For those who remember shoeps... no,,, just no. One leader is one of the worst ideas ever... You get massive issues with biased nature. I dont care how much someone claims to "act unbiased" it cant be done.

    By "forcing" a council to elect and allow one person to speak for them all, that's just stupid... A council, by definition is a group of people, who make decisions as a group. Essentially you are asking for them to say "X rules MD" which... as i said again, isnt a council. This is, assuming that there is no central "king" of the council, so if there is, ignore me.

    -----

    I like the ideas of this, it sounds really good, but i would definately oppose any structure open or closed where there is one person going "I KNOW WHAT IS BEST FOR MD", admittedly we currently "apparently" have a "council" doing this, but i even prefer the idea of having two people, than one.

    [quote name='Phantom Orchid' timestamp='1339709104' post='114784']
    Furthermore, I hope, for the sake of some very important roles in the realm of MD, that the Council decides to step up and meet, face to face, so we can hash all of this out and move forward.
    [/quote]

    Remember when Murry first made rendril his coder? he got tons of spam with people asking for tons of different stuff to be done... thinking about this, i think this might have been the reason council is anon.

    ----

    and even more recollection. i shall recount something murry said about Jonn (for those that dont know, he was the first LHO leader/evil dude/wonderful guy/crazy man/THE JONN)

    Murry said something along the lines of "I have Jonn so that people think he is the evil one, and that i can sit in the background as the cute developer doing all the evil things and blaming him.

    Iv talked to people about random crazy theories, but having a council for everyone to blame, sounds exactly like the murry iv always known lol
  13. Upvote
    Xcercses reacted to awiiya in The Council Meeting   
    tl;dr I want a meeting with Council to discuss things. They must choose a time within a week.

    If you've been reading the forums you've probably noticed a number of things, the most of which is that I and a few others have been critical of the Councils decisions. Though others may not have been so direct, I myself have claimed that the Council is running out of time.

    Time until... what?

    Until they lose our (my) support completely. What does that mean? That means that their authority, though secure in mechanical ways, will lack popular support.

    What does that look like? I would start organizing rallys, I would post speeches describing exactly my qualms, I would imagine creative ways to express my disdain for this anonymous body that has held such a tight grip on the future of MD for so long. Things might get rather ugly rather fast. It would be in game, I would play by the rules. My goal is not to rip MD apart.

    What are my issues? This may be a conversation for another place, but a quick run down:
    1. I don't think anonymity has promoted accountability. Lines of communication between the Council and the MD people have been slow and out-of-game. We can send you emails, but sometimes they take forever to get a response. And when was the last time the Council posted on the forum? There needs to be a conversation between us and them, and right now there isn't.
    2. I think the Council has lacked a full understandings of the mechanics of MD's soul. This is rather subjective, but none of the things they've developed have seemed to be pushing MD in a new or interesting way. From what I've seen, they take care of bills, pass out creatures, and generally keep the "order." That's not a way to create an atmosphere of interest.

    What would I want in their place? Again, a question for another time, but:
    1. A singular leader that people know and communicate with directly.
    2. Much much much more efficiency.
    3. A more creative direction.

    That's rather vague, more details will follow when the time is appropriate.

    I think the Council is doing some things well - managing MD's finances, not being corrupt, etc. But some of their duties are being left behind. I would like to work with them to fix it, but if they don't start talking, that can never happen.

    Before I start that whole process of somewhat peaceful, yet outspoken and direct, revolt, I'm proposing a meeting, the first of its kind.

    So, because I have no idea who the Council is and don't know what time zone, the Council gets to decide when and where we meet.

    My preferences:
    In game, perhaps at Awiiya's Way because then I wouldn't have to uproot myself.
    Preferably around 5:00 game time.

    The Council should show up prepared to answer our questions. We will not provide a list of questions beforehand - this will be the first time that the Council is forced to answer on the spot. If you need to delegate one person to go out of the Council, so be it. Do whatever you need to do to make this work. The general topic of the conversation will be the errors that we think the Council has made, what needs to be improved, how to improve it, and some sort of demystification.

    If you have further questions about the organizational details, my forum mail and in game mails are open and available.

    If the Council fails to choose a time and date within a week, consider me a rebel of sorts. I won't ask to compromise twice.

    Awi
  14. Downvote
    Xcercses got a reaction from dst in THE COFFENING   
    Greetings Everyone! Many Deaths occured lately and so the Caretakers came up with a new Quest.

    the Ghost's of [u]Sagewoman, Chewett and Spartiatis[/u] are still haunting this Realm.....so what's the Solution for their pitty? right....a burial!!!

    But there is still a Problem that hast to be solved.....we need Coffins for the Dead ones(and an Ash Urn for Spartiatis of course)


    - [b][u]How to Start[/u][/b]: Draw a Picture of [u]a coffin for Sagewoman and Chewett, and an Ash Urn for Spartiatis[/u], that YOU think Suits best for one of those three(multiple paintings/drawings/etc. are possible), if you're finished then please post your drawing in this Topic so everybody can see them ([b]we do not accept Pm's![/b])

    - [b][u]Requirements[/u][/b]: None, Everybody can Particapate in this Quest!

    - [b][u]Rewards[/u][/b]: For every coffin (or urn) the best drawing will be rewarded with 1GC and 5SC

    - [u][b]Quest Start[/b][/u]: Now!

    - [b][u]Quest Ends[/u][/b]: We will keep this Quest up for [b]3 Weeks or till they Revive, whatever comes first![/b]

    So Questers, The Caretakers wish you Good luck and [b]HAPPY COFFENING[/b]! [b]MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!![/b]

    [b]if you got Questions then feel free to state them here or Pm us.[/b]



    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oigZEt99WdI[/media]
  15. Upvote
    Xcercses got a reaction from phantasm in THE COFFENING   
    Greetings Everyone! Many Deaths occured lately and so the Caretakers came up with a new Quest.

    the Ghost's of [u]Sagewoman, Chewett and Spartiatis[/u] are still haunting this Realm.....so what's the Solution for their pitty? right....a burial!!!

    But there is still a Problem that hast to be solved.....we need Coffins for the Dead ones(and an Ash Urn for Spartiatis of course)


    - [b][u]How to Start[/u][/b]: Draw a Picture of [u]a coffin for Sagewoman and Chewett, and an Ash Urn for Spartiatis[/u], that YOU think Suits best for one of those three(multiple paintings/drawings/etc. are possible), if you're finished then please post your drawing in this Topic so everybody can see them ([b]we do not accept Pm's![/b])

    - [b][u]Requirements[/u][/b]: None, Everybody can Particapate in this Quest!

    - [b][u]Rewards[/u][/b]: For every coffin (or urn) the best drawing will be rewarded with 1GC and 5SC

    - [u][b]Quest Start[/b][/u]: Now!

    - [b][u]Quest Ends[/u][/b]: We will keep this Quest up for [b]3 Weeks or till they Revive, whatever comes first![/b]

    So Questers, The Caretakers wish you Good luck and [b]HAPPY COFFENING[/b]! [b]MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!![/b]

    [b]if you got Questions then feel free to state them here or Pm us.[/b]



    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oigZEt99WdI[/media]
  16. Upvote
    Xcercses got a reaction from Kaya in THE COFFENING   
    Greetings Everyone! Many Deaths occured lately and so the Caretakers came up with a new Quest.

    the Ghost's of [u]Sagewoman, Chewett and Spartiatis[/u] are still haunting this Realm.....so what's the Solution for their pitty? right....a burial!!!

    But there is still a Problem that hast to be solved.....we need Coffins for the Dead ones(and an Ash Urn for Spartiatis of course)


    - [b][u]How to Start[/u][/b]: Draw a Picture of [u]a coffin for Sagewoman and Chewett, and an Ash Urn for Spartiatis[/u], that YOU think Suits best for one of those three(multiple paintings/drawings/etc. are possible), if you're finished then please post your drawing in this Topic so everybody can see them ([b]we do not accept Pm's![/b])

    - [b][u]Requirements[/u][/b]: None, Everybody can Particapate in this Quest!

    - [b][u]Rewards[/u][/b]: For every coffin (or urn) the best drawing will be rewarded with 1GC and 5SC

    - [u][b]Quest Start[/b][/u]: Now!

    - [b][u]Quest Ends[/u][/b]: We will keep this Quest up for [b]3 Weeks or till they Revive, whatever comes first![/b]

    So Questers, The Caretakers wish you Good luck and [b]HAPPY COFFENING[/b]! [b]MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!![/b]

    [b]if you got Questions then feel free to state them here or Pm us.[/b]



    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oigZEt99WdI[/media]
  17. Upvote
    Xcercses got a reaction from Espartano in THE COFFENING   
    Greetings Everyone! Many Deaths occured lately and so the Caretakers came up with a new Quest.

    the Ghost's of [u]Sagewoman, Chewett and Spartiatis[/u] are still haunting this Realm.....so what's the Solution for their pitty? right....a burial!!!

    But there is still a Problem that hast to be solved.....we need Coffins for the Dead ones(and an Ash Urn for Spartiatis of course)


    - [b][u]How to Start[/u][/b]: Draw a Picture of [u]a coffin for Sagewoman and Chewett, and an Ash Urn for Spartiatis[/u], that YOU think Suits best for one of those three(multiple paintings/drawings/etc. are possible), if you're finished then please post your drawing in this Topic so everybody can see them ([b]we do not accept Pm's![/b])

    - [b][u]Requirements[/u][/b]: None, Everybody can Particapate in this Quest!

    - [b][u]Rewards[/u][/b]: For every coffin (or urn) the best drawing will be rewarded with 1GC and 5SC

    - [u][b]Quest Start[/b][/u]: Now!

    - [b][u]Quest Ends[/u][/b]: We will keep this Quest up for [b]3 Weeks or till they Revive, whatever comes first![/b]

    So Questers, The Caretakers wish you Good luck and [b]HAPPY COFFENING[/b]! [b]MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!![/b]

    [b]if you got Questions then feel free to state them here or Pm us.[/b]



    [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oigZEt99WdI[/media]
  18. Upvote
    Xcercses reacted to Chewett in Moderators Admins Abilities   
    Since there seems some misunderstanding to what moderators and admins can do, i will spend some time to explain here.

    Root Admin - These people can view all forums, and subforums, Visible or invisible. Currently the only root admin is Mur and it is planned to stay that way. They have all the powers as an Admin.
    Admin - These people have the power to add/remove people from user forums. They can fix anything regardnig the forum not working and resolve disputes between moderators.
    Moderator - These can resolve disputes between members, if they cannot the issue should be forwarded to an Admin. The admin has an overall decision regarding all moderators actions.

    A Forum Moderator or admin has no powers in game. They are however expected to have a basic understanding of MD, becuase of this, all moderators past and present have, at one stage of their MD life, been a LHO. A good LHO will have the understanding, tact and more importantly, the time to give to the forum to be a moderator.

    This isnt a paid job, no one received monetary compensation, Forum Moderator like LHO is done because it helps the community.

    When a moderator is talking on the forum, unless they specifically say they are talking, as a moderator or they are using their moderator powers. Their views and all things they say are not a officially from them as a moderator.

    I have removed myself as an admin and currently moved myself to a moderator, and created a new account sys-chewett that will be used for all admin actions. If you need something done that only an admin can do, you need to contact that account. This is because some users were mistaking things i do and say as a player, from being an admin. This should hopefully clarify a bit more that what i am saying, unless i state it, does not come from any additional power.

    The issue of me having two accounts will probably come up, as to why i can have two accounts. To be perfectly honest, i could just say "because i can" and that will suffice. But i feel thats a tad rude and hypocritical so i will explain a bit.

    Currently i have 4 accounts, Chewett, sys-chewett, Test and Test2. The two test accounts, are used to test various permission settings and such. And Chewett and sys-chewett is to resolve some issues. The reasoning to forbid people from multiple accounts, is to stop vote biasing when mur uses the voting. Having multiple accounts doesnt matter to me in this regards, because if i really feel inclined, i could just edit the database to "fix" something. Mur trusts me that i dont, and therefore multiple accounts, provided they are publicly known about, doesnt affect me.

    My freedom to speak on the forums without any power or role attached to me either than Chewett is important, and if people still have issues i might as well resign. The only thing that stops me from doing it now, to gain the freedom, is that currently there isnt one person that knows enough about the administrative side of the forum.
  19. Upvote
    Xcercses reacted to Sasha Lilias in DS Alliance Recruitment   
    Please use link to download the current alliance statement for the Dimensional Shifters.

    [attachment=3680:Dimensional Shifters Alliance Statement.pdf]

    ~Sasha

    {Just been informed of the naming, my mistake :S It should be "Alliance recruitement")
  20. Upvote
    Xcercses reacted to Ivorak in Spells on Clickables   
    Now that we've a simple mechanic to transfer spells by memory stones, perhaps those stones could transfer charges to items and clickables as well as other people. Once spells are stored in a clickable, their casting could be triggered by opening the clickable or completing an action within.

    Possible use cases include:
    - I could store a locate spell (complete with parameters) so that people could find me easily (perhaps require a passcode before the spell goes off).
    - A prayer word entered into the clickable dialog box would provide healing, if enough charges were available
    - A riddle answered incorrectly would lock a player in place using the movelock spell. (This would be improved if certain actions could also trigger a PM to the scripter's inbox).
    - Etcetera


    It turns out that Mur suggested this before. But now with the concept of memory stones in play (especially the notion of the transfer of limited casts) this is something that should be pushed forward.

    [quote name='Muratus del Mur' timestamp='1256728278' post='45941'][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Updated todo list :[/font][/color]
    [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- creature transfers[/font][/color]
    [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- item transfers[/font][/color]
    [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- check for fight counts against a player[/font][/color]
    [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- check for letters in a location[/font][/color]
    [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- check for creatures[/font][/color]
    [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- add name of editor to the item entry[/font][/color]
    [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- hide item entries without activation words of users inactive over x days[/font][/color]


    [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ideas that will remain for later:[/font][/color]
    [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- pseudo SQL to handle data in arrays like they are a database[/font][/color]
    [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- fights triggered by script, trackable by script[/font][/color]
    [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- ability to give heat to the objects[/font][/color]
    [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- alt check[/font][/color]
    [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- item and creature transfer history logs[/font][/color]


    [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Ideas for when i will find a good way to prevent abuse:[/font][/color]
    [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- wp awarding by script[/font][/color]
    [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- magic [/font][/color][color=red][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]spells[/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] triggered by script[/font][/color]
    [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- illusions triggered by script[/font][/color]
    [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- ability to store creatures, items and more on a clickable[/font][/color]

    [color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]- add functions that allow user vars changes, teleportation, item creation and more drastic actions.[/font][/color][/quote]
  21. Upvote
    Xcercses reacted to Liberty4life in debate: mdshop and alts   
    yup well oke then, i guess this thing is fully cleared out
  22. Upvote
    Xcercses reacted to Ivorak in TK Take Over Attempt   
    [quote name='Juni0r' timestamp='1330552104' post='105548']
    so why not just make a closed topic an "addressed" type letter? and stop creating turmoil over something that isnt that big yet you attempt to make it behind all the secrecy.
    [/quote]

    Perhaps that was Seigheart's intention in not disclosing the culprit?
  23. Upvote
    Xcercses reacted to Seigheart in TK Take Over Attempt   
    That's not the point of this.
  24. Upvote
    Xcercses reacted to Seigheart in Seigheart's Auction   
    1) Why?

    2) I don't have to do anything you demand. So, why should I?

    3) Already posted how much each slave went for, and how I figured out their portion. You do the math.

    To Tal

    I don't know how 50%+ is a "small part".

    I never once stated I would use the money for myself either. I can't buy creatures, (not enough space due to TK stock) and no one ever sells items, so I don't see what I would need gold for. O.o
  25. Upvote
    Xcercses reacted to Seigheart in Seigheart's Auction   
    Truth be told, I have no idea where the other half of the silver will go. Where ever I choose to be honest. I never had any plans for it. It will go to things I need doing, or to help support others in their things that need doing.

    I also had no idea the leashes would be made. In fact, if you look at the chat logs, I also stated that.

    I still say it isn't for the TKs. The TKs were never apart of this. I made that clear. But if I want to donate my money to the TK's cause, in which I've done multiple times, I will. That's none of your concern.

    Yes, my public role is accountable to the community. That is, the role itself. If I've abused my role what so ever, please present the evidence and we shall begin the trial.

    The council has the TK logs. They know what is the TKs and what is mine. If you don't trust the Council, then whatever. This whole thing is a bunch of hogwash.

    And the reason not to give such a thing, because, you are right, I have better things to do than provide proof to ungrateful people. Simple.
×
×
  • Create New...