• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By Burns
      In this event of the Sparring Ground Championships, only the scariest of all creatures are allowed: Colorful ones!

Only colored creatures may be used, tokens, influence and combo are not allowed.
      Of course, in the spirit of halloween, tricks are allowed, so use all the magic you can get your hands on

Due to the power certain colored creatures have, i've got to limit rituals a little. You may only use one drachorn or one snowman.

The variety of rituals may be limited, but the magics make up for that.

We'll have the finals during the party time, therefor the sign up ends on 20th. Since we had issues last time, MP6 aren't allowed to participate this time.
      As usual, sign up with your MP-level.
    • By Burns
      This tournament will be a little more difficult than the former competitions.

Generally, everything except for spells is allowed this time. Any shop creatures and tokens are allowed, as are tokens, combo and all that.

However, and here's the fun bit, tokens that are used can change the behavior of your opponent greatly.

As usual, it'll be a 1 on 1 tournament, and you win against an opponent by winning the outgoing as well as the incoming fight against them.
      The defender uses a ritual with 0% influence and announces a token count to the attacker. The defender obviously mustn't use more than the announced count, but he has the strategic freedom to announce a higher count than what he actually uses (aka, put the attacker on a wrong trace).
      For every token in this announced count, the attacker can use either 5k combo OR 1 token OR 5% pray power, mixtures possible, in the attacking ritual.

As examples: The defender announces 0 tokens. In this case, the attacker has to fight with 0%, 0 combo and 0 tokens as well.

The defender announces 20 tokens. In this case, the attacker could use 20 tokens, or 100% influence, or 100k combo, or a mixed strategy of, for example, 6 tokens, 50k combo, and 20% influence.

Just like the defender can play with announcing a higher count, the attacker doesn't have to use up all the points they could. If there were 5 tokens announced, the attacker could as well play with 4 tokens, no combo and no influence and let the last available point open.

If one of the two fighters goes over the announced count, the fight counts as won by the other party. In this game, such a failure doesn't lead to disqualification because it really could happen easily. Don't sign up if you have problems with maths <.<

'Useless' tokens count for the token count, of course!

Rewards depend on the level of participation, as usual.

Sign up for the event until Friday, 9th of September, please include the MP level you will play in, as usual.
    • By Burns
      In this competition, anything is allowed. Spells, tokens, stats, whatever, you name it, you can use it. You just have to fight, stopping each other from doing that is not allowed.

The specialty in this event is that it will be a team competition. All participants will have to split in two teams. Also, a captain for each team has to be appointed.

The point is NOT to defeat the whole other team, though. I'll use a randomizer to create pairs of people and the desired outcome, win or loss. Team A will be asked to produce exactly that pattern, while team B's objective will be to prevent that. The attacking team doesn't have to stick to any schedules for their attacks, they can immidiately do them all, or postpone them for a bit. In the case of uneven teams, one player might have to attack more than one opponent, or defend against more than one opponent, so you'll want to get even teams to prevent that, for example, one defender has to lose and win in the same pattern. The attackers are not obliged to announce which attack they'll do when, and they are not limited to just one attack. Only the first fight between the two opponents matched for that pattern counts, though. For example, you can send somebody else from your team to test the defence, but you can't call it a test if you tried it yourself.

Example: My randomizer says that eon has to lose against dst in his teams attack. So, Eon will attack to lose, and dst will defend to lose. If Eon manages to lose, his team scores, is dst makes him win, her team scores.

The team with the higher score after 3 such rounds, each consisting of 2 patterns, one with team a attacking, one with team b attacking, and each taking place on a saturday evening in the marble dale park, wins, and the captain will get a bunch of prices to give out to his or her comrades.

You will want to have a nicely mixed team of all MP-levels. If you have too little players from a level, the few unlucky ones will have to do more fights, and probably get into the situation of wanting to win and lose an incoming fight in the same round. You can guess that this won't go too well.

You have 1 week for the registration. I suggest you start as soon as possible, and keep the list or participants from your team up to date, including their MP-level, so the other team can recruit some matches in time. Having too little players of a level is a slight advantage in offence, but a big disadvantage in defence.

The times will be set in accordance with the team captains. I plan to give you half an hour per pattern, so this event will take 3 sessions รก ~65 minutes.
      Yes, it sounds all complicated, but it really isn't. We'll run a trial edition a few days before starting with the first real contest, so don't worry.
    • By Burns
      Before you get too used to fighting just against one person at a time, I'll go and announce a radically different competition for a change [img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]

The objective of the Honor Competition is to reach a certain amount of honor, nothing more, nothing less.
      For doing that, everything is allowed, except for [color=#FF0000]leaving the Sparring Grounds[/color] during the game.

There is no need to sign up for this competition. I'll announce the time a few days ahead on the forums, and again in the mood panel a few minutes before it starts, together with the amount of honor you'll need to achieve.

I'll be present at all times during the games, logging out or leaving the park leads to disqualification. If something seems fishy to me, i'll do a locate on you to see if you've left the park. Maximum duration of a game will be 1 hour, if nobody gets the exact amount by then, the person closest to it will be declared winner.
      Clarification, due to complaints: This means, whoever is closest at the time the contest ends, NOT whoever was closest at some point during the competition. ONLY values stored in the last minute count for this plan B-rule!

To win the competition, you'll need to win 3 games. We'll see how long it takes [img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif[/img]
      During the competition, a button to save your honor on the signpost will be available. Only honor counts saved there count for the competition. Spells to send somebody elsewhere don't disqualify their targets, but their casters.

Rewards depend on participation as usual.

The first game starts on Sunday, 22:00. (Maybe a little later if the finals of the aura competition take longer than expected)

Good luck to all participants, and have fun [img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]

First round, May 08, 22:45, goes to Ravenstrider in less than 20 minutes: Ravenstrider 1059 23:04:09. Congrats!
    • By Burns
      For this event, you are allowed to use all creatures that have [color=#FF0000]NO AURAS (=Special Influences). No pray power and no tokens for this event.[/color]

Sign up here until Sunday, 1st of May, with your name and MP-level. Rewards are not yet fixed and will be announced when i know the competition.

Please only sign up if you seriously want to play, and have time to do so in the first week of May. If this doesn't work out again, i'll have to charge an entry fee next time.

Jason V, MP4 (ignore this, he just asked me to keep his name for the competition.)