Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Aia del Mana

Of Avatars and Golden Blessings

Recommended Posts

Excerpt from A Realm Reshaped, Ch1, as told to Aia
___________________________________________________

"So you see, you get these layers, and you put them on top, or under other layers, and then put back the hidden layers, and then you unmake the layer you just made, and then flatten it..."

The echoes of Mur's words ... echoed in Aia's mind. His cryptic instructions always took some time, but they were always right. Aia dusted off her new gilding-brush; Mur had given this to her with instructions to use it... liberally. A splish-splash-swish of the brush, and her wings began to glow a pale yellow.

Aia smiled. It was wonderful to be blessed with new gifts.
____________________________________________________

Lintara glided through the golden leaves of Raven Hold, to her favourite little golden hut, located at the topmost golden bough.

"Aia, you know, perhaps you should use this on those who might appreciate it; I am sure the great Oak is quite content."

____________________________________________________

 


Thy quest were thus, then:

Draw, or otherwise illustrate, a rendition of thy character, in black and white (no colours). Ideally, the proportions should be scalable to an Avatar (which, when scaled down, is 160 pixels high and 100 pixels wide) - however, the artwork should be much larger than this, so that it can be scaled down.

The completed artwork should be posted within this thread.

I have no guarantee that these will be approved or added as avatars; however, I do pledge that I will create a gilded form (and non-gilded form) of those deemed worthy by the judge; this is the main prize on offer. Thou wilt be able, then, to submit the non-gilded form to the realm, or to be awarded the gilded version, if deemed appropriate by the Avatar Manager.

A very gifted artist (rather than myself) will be the judge of this contest and shall decide which submissions shall be converted, but he too has no say over whether the avatar will be approved - this I shall leave to discretion of the Avatar Managers.

Additional rewards shall be as follows (in addition to gilding/creating the avatar in a form which may be submitted)

A choice of one Rustgold Drachorn or one 14th Anniversary creature for the illustration deemed most worthy
The remaining creature for the one who were second
Plushies for all non-trivial submissions

Entries shall close at the end of the Anniversary celebrations.

Edited by Aia del Mana

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, as luck would have it, I have recently drawn the avatar I want. I don't expect it to win any prizes, but I will post it here anyway.

I do not want to be represented by some fantasy image of a beautiful young woman or something like that, that's not me. I wanted to create something that has a deeper meaning for me and my history and present in the realm.

And yes, the drawing is not measured exactly nor is it perfect, but then none of us are, so here it is.

1636433036_AvatarMD2TP.gif.4e4d9c637685f9ab5048ff4b70db8b98.gif

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't draw. Also I just finished watching Tokyo Ghoul so I think it came out looking too anime-style style for my liking. (For once I feel like I got hands decent, can't get anything else decent though). Also, even though this looks super NC-like, I'm still a member of Ma'Beast!

Oh well, first draft:1830319662_steno1stdraft-dark.png.54b46d3bf04a11c5310ceacd8ebc5678.png

Edited by Steno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aia said that I could submit another one.

I drew this one for Tyche because I was really inspired by her role-playing. Hopefully she likes it.

Also, for something that took 10 minutes, it looks about 300 times better than the one I spent over an hour on. (Also it feels more like MD style-though I still can't get toes  down, that's why this was easier, no part was human except the toes) XP

Tyche-dark.png.0ec788ef8d57160a578192f78ba3e41e.png

To Tyche-I'm sorry if you don't like the parts I included, I thought the umbrella and the thing speaking from your pocket were on-theme. The dice were because I wanted to make an allusion to the another of your name-the Greek goddess. If you don't like it and want me to take it down, then PM me and I'll do so.

Edited by Steno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2020 at 4:58 AM, Ailith said:

Well, as luck would have it, I have recently drawn the avatar I want. I don't expect it to win any prizes, but I will post it here anyway.

I do not want to be represented by some fantasy image of a beautiful young woman or something like that, that's not me. I wanted to create something that has a deeper meaning for me and my history and present in the realm.

And yes, the drawing is not measured exactly nor is it perfect, but then none of us are, so here it is.

1636433036_AvatarMD2TP.gif.4e4d9c637685f9ab5048ff4b70db8b98.gif


I hope that this version will one day be of use to thee, then:
1945146897_ailithbookgildedavatar.gif.f5165048f8fa509a4deb285446461763.gif

@Chewett if thou didst wish to upload this in replacement, I believe it is ready as-is.

Edited by Aia del Mana
tagged a very important wookie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Aia del Mana said:


I hope that this version will one day be of use to thee, then:
1945146897_ailithbookgildedavatar.gif.f5165048f8fa509a4deb285446461763.gif

Oh thank you Aia! It's lovely :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Steno said:

Aia said that I could submit another one.

I drew this one for Tyche because I was really inspired by her role-playing. Hopefully she likes it.

Also, for something that took 10 minutes, it looks about 300 times better than the one I spent over an hour on. (Also it feels more like MD style-though I still can't get toes  down, that's why this was easier, no part was human except the toes) XP

Tyche-dark.png.0ec788ef8d57160a578192f78ba3e41e.png

To Tyche-I'm sorry if you don't like the parts I included, I thought the umbrella and the thing speaking from your pocket were on-theme. The dice were because I wanted to make an allusion to the another of your name-the Greek goddess. If you don't like it and want me to take it down, then PM me and I'll do so.

Herewith do find it, in case thou shouldst wish to submit it.
169027752_stenotycheavatar.gif.3289e19dfc1189e6be1f5d61e5f801b1.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, it's become apparent to me that I have no discernible style. Merely the style of the artist whose work I last consumed. I like having avatars with their backs turned. They feel more natural than trying to draw faces. Also, I'm most proud of the texture on his pants, it actually showed up!

 

peace.png

Edited by Steno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally not worthy of a conversion, but I wanted to try leaving my comfort zone (not that MD doesn't force me to do that like every day, but stil...)!

I tried picturing a Priest(ess) of the East -- of the Temple of the Void, perhaps? This is what I managed to sketch (of course the real one would have the right proportions and a proper face instead :P).

photo_2020-04-22_15-17-14.thumb.jpg.5342a5a6783a477de7c41ac4c9928cfa.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the judgment of the nominated gifted artist, the top two places are as follows:

1. Steno, for this "first draft":

2. Aelis, for his Eastern Priestess:

 

Congratulations to both Steno and Aelis for their submissions; please do contact myself for the rewards.

Steno, as thou hast placed first, thou hast the first choice of the Rustgold Drachorn or 14th Anniversary Barren Soul.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, Thank you! I have picked the Rustgold Drachorn.

Good job everyone!

I know it forced me out of my comfort zone!

Edited by Steno
fewer exclamation points

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Statistics

    16,116
    Total Topics
    176,007
    Total Posts
  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Upcoming Events

    No upcoming events found
  • Recent Event Reviews

×
×
  • Create New...