Stanza for the realm

Write one stanza to add to my two examples below.

The theme is what you like about MD, or what interests you in the realm. 

Follow the same pattern, four lines, rhyme 1,1,2,2.

All appropriate stanzas will be put together by myself and the completed collaborative poem will be posted on the forum in its entirety to celebrate the 15th Anniversary.

I don't want perfect classical literature, you can see this from my examples!

I want to hear what you have to say and how you feel about MD. I am not judging on high language ability or sophisticated grammar... only what you have to say.

Top three in terms of quality of message or uniqueness will get an Anni creature, there may be further rewards if there are multiple entries of note.

Funny or serious, personal or general, tell me why you love MD following the rhyme scheme below.

The Fifteenth Year

Celebrate the fifteenth year of MagicDuel,
By letting our creativity be the fuel.
To tell the world what makes all who strive
To work together to keep this realm alive.

For me, it is the delicate balance upon which MD
Was designed and how since ancient times we
Affect changes to it; and yet still we do pace
Past present and future, all equally have a place.

No matter what we do or where we go,

there is always a part of us to follow.

Inside this realm that dwells apart,

that allows us the views of our world to restart.

To find such good friends and kith,

that we are blessed to spend such time with.

To know its full impact, we will never know,

except our fields of inspiration are never fallow.

well my word is limited

but MD offers me infinite

every day I do endless researching

my mind is filled up like blazing

it's frustrating someday we left the realm

one day in the end it gets back to our theme

we keep complaining the interface is shabby

anyhow in anni we stay up late and say yippee

• 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By Steno
      Greetings everyone!
      Do you like a story? Do you like a race? Do you like a quest on the anniversary? Do you like creatures that you can't get your hands on anymore?
      If so, then keep an eye out for this quest:
      He's Lost His Marbles!
      The Willow's Shop Keeper  has lost his memories and marbles! Help him get them back! This quest will be really hard for MP3s, and probably really easy for most MP5s. No alternates may participate. This quest shall take you throughout the whole of MD! It shall take you into every land (if you're MP5) and you will learn a little bit about what each land has meant to me! 

how to start: Say a greeting to Willow's Shop Keeper
      requirements: Not in jail, dead, or on Gateway Island, able to roam mainland freely
      rewards: Broken into MP tiers, 1 winner for MP3, 1 for MP4, and 2 for MP5-MP7. Winners will get various creatures,  gold coins, and possibly a WP. An Ancient Lorerootian Archer is in the mix as a reward! (my boy has 4535 age, lol). 
      Every participant shall receive 1 silver if they complete quest.

Quest is over on May 5th, no longer on April 25th. Please use the time wisely.
      The race is almost exclusively a clickie-quest, though there are segments and work-arounds that are not clickie-based. 
      You do NOT need to register on this thread. I will be post here, in a calendar event, and through mood panel to discuss when race starts once I have timeline of anniversary. If you have questions, you can forum pm before race starts.

As of 5/7 this quest will remain open. the above mentioned rewards will not be available. Other rewards will be given as they come available.
      Update June 1st, 2020: quest is ready for permanent launch, just needs permanent rewards.
    • By Steno
      Hello everyone!
      I am hosting another quest for the Anniversary!
      This quest is all about waking up one morning with no idea what happened the night before! (Some of us have there several times)
      Now it is going to be a little something like a murder-mystery style thing. I am going to give each player who registers 3 clues. Players can share clues. Players can also share fake clues.
      However, there is going to be an "actual version of events" that happened. Each player should submit their version of events to me via forum pm at the end time.
      The player who's story is closest to the real thing (by anonymous double-blind judging), shall win! (this is why you can share clues, but every clue you share with someone else makes them have more total clues, thereby giving more information about the story.)
      1 WP for the best submission (either creative or closest to pre-determined story). Anniversary creature for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, if 2, 4, or 6+ players participate.
      PLEASE PM me in the same message I sent you your clues in. This will reduce the sheer bulk of messages in my inbox. K thanks, bye!

To get your clues, and therefore participate, you must register here!
      Registration closes by 5:00Pm ST on 4/14/20

Participants so far:
      iai
      The un of god
      Thilia
      The god of quandries
      An oven
      The A-lister
      The horologist
      An erstwhile Princ
      The Twilight's Hope
      The eisoptrophobic
    • By Steno
      "A recent tour of the Sage's Keep has discovered a new room! While walking around, Chewett2 discovered a new room within the building. How could a new room in a building that has been occupied for 15 years just now been found, you ask? Especially when this building is so big on the outside, yet so small on the inside! Who knows, the obviously original wookiee (chewett2) must have found a hidden gem! Your quest is to describe this new room. Contestants should find ways to describe its layout, its content, its appearance, and even where it is with the route to get there. Players should focus on quality in this contest,  not the speed with which they submit their efforts. Artwork is suggested, it is not required, but it will add points to your score. Artwork will not be graded on talent, but if you draw 4 lines and a stickfigure, it will be graded on effort (to the best of the judges' abilities). This quest has the potential to shape or mold the world around it, thus its rewards have the potential to shape the world of its winner. Remember the context of the sage's keep: who calls this building home? What function has it served? What could be hidden for 15 years? These are all questions that you could strive to answer in your description (they are not necessary to answer, however, nor will answering them impact judging in any way). Good luck!

Rewards:WP for best one. Unique item for first as well.
      Anni for first, second, third if (2, 4, and 6+ players attempt it). Plushies for all.
      Players shall have 2 week to send, via forum PM their submissions to me. They will be submitted to judges in a single-blind fashion.
      Starts on 4/17- ends on 5/5."

If you are looking for some inspiration, check out a similar quest. However, the judges have reviewed all of these entries and will there discard your entry if it can arguably be considered a copy of one of these.
      I will post submissions here when judging is completed. 

• By Steno
      Help! 
      I brought some bad burritos to the the events at MDA! I had to run off when I realized that someone has hoarded all of the paper!
      What person would do such a thing?
      Help me out!
      I need 20 paper. Participants should give me paper to help me out of my "predicament". I will use trade logs to figure out who gives me the most.
      Whoever gives the most paper gets 1 anniversary creature. The other 4 or so people who give paper will receive 2 silver. and plushies!

Please bring items to me, not ITC codes, in case I idle.
    • By MRWander
      anniversary crits should have a broken aura that does different things when all from the same set are in a rit together. like all the aramors gain def boost but only works if all the anni of the same type are in the same rit. hollows could have regen boost.