Sign in to follow this  
Steno

The Hangover-MD edition (Registration Required)

I shall be checking and disregarding votes for your own entries. As I should hope that you all have the honor to not do so anyway. but just so you know...

Please vote, there are only 7 votes, I would like for these entries to get at least 10 votes in order to say that the community has spoken.

Tomorrow is your last day to vote, you can vote 3 times.

Well shucks.

Here I was secretly hoping that my entry would win. XP (though due to an clerical error it was pointed out that I used a clue that wasn't included in the clues given to participants XD)

Thank you all for voting!

The winner of the community award is...

Ledah, who was entry #6, with 11 reputation points! You win a unique graphic T-shirt and 3GC, congratulations!

Now.. for the results of the judging from our judge!

Ledah ALSO won the judges favor, she really enjoyed his entry with its self-deprecating humour. You win a WP (looks suspiciously at Ledah)!

We have a 3-way tie for 2nd place!.  Because of this, I have decided, since @Ledah also won the community prize, to give his anniversary crit to the 2nd place pool, so that way each 2nd place entrant gets something for contributing such great entries (for the record, they got 12.5 points out of 16, whereas Ledah got 13-so they were really close)

Tied for second place is @Jubaris, @Aia del Mana, @Aelis!

You each get a 15th anniversary creature!

Edited by Steno
typos

Rewards sent out!

Thank you everyone for participating! 

Thank you for the incredibly subtle misdirects that I saw many of you give!

Thank you Chewett for making the rewards and the unique prize!

Below are the clues, since someone was asking for them. (Note the obvious lack of the Mur clue in my clue list-a rookie mistake)

Spoiler

1 a bruise in the shape of a hammer on your chest,  U

2 a bunch of empty beer casks in Sage's Keep, U

3 You're stuck in Trial of Agony U

4 Wind's Sanctuary is empty of beer, U

5 A drop of Sunfire's blood *glimmers faintly* U

6 There are random tracks of some kind of large bovine on Willow's Walk, U

7 You have a severely-used Herb Basket U

8 All of your heat orbs are empty U

1B the gates to Marind Bell are knocked off their hinges U

B: everyone gets a random B clue

😄 Everyone gets a random C clue

2B You have 5 fight logs with "stranger"-each one with only 10 Vitality lost by each person. U

3B a needle made of colored glass,  U

4B Footsteps of yourself at a RP item totem U

5B a shirt with "I [heart] the King & Grand Duke" on it, U

6B Darvin glued to a fish (using 20 glue-a most costly enterprise),  U

1C A deficit of 10 gold coins U

2C a scrawled note in their hand "we'll be in touch about your offer to fix  the gates of Marind Bell".  U

3C A note from nadrolski about stealing MB's water yet again. U

4C A note promising death from lashtal if you ever set foot in NC again. U

5C A completely stuffed molimo U

6C There is 66 cups of cold tea in your inventory U

Edited by Steno

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By Steno
      Greetings everyone!
      Do you like a story? Do you like a race? Do you like a quest on the anniversary? Do you like creatures that you can't get your hands on anymore?
      If so, then keep an eye out for this quest:
      He's Lost His Marbles!
      The Willow's Shop Keeper  has lost his memories and marbles! Help him get them back! This quest will be really hard for MP3s, and probably really easy for most MP5s. No alternates may participate. This quest shall take you throughout the whole of MD! It shall take you into every land (if you're MP5) and you will learn a little bit about what each land has meant to me! 

how to start: Say a greeting to Willow's Shop Keeper
      requirements: Not in jail, dead, or on Gateway Island, able to roam mainland freely
      rewards: Broken into MP tiers, 1 winner for MP3, 1 for MP4, and 2 for MP5-MP7. Winners will get various creatures,  gold coins, and possibly a WP. An Ancient Lorerootian Archer is in the mix as a reward! (my boy has 4535 age, lol). 
      Every participant shall receive 1 silver if they complete quest.

Quest is over on May 5th, no longer on April 25th. Please use the time wisely.
      The race is almost exclusively a clickie-quest, though there are segments and work-arounds that are not clickie-based. 
      You do NOT need to register on this thread. I will be post here, in a calendar event, and through mood panel to discuss when race starts once I have timeline of anniversary. If you have questions, you can forum pm before race starts.

As of 5/7 this quest will remain open. the above mentioned rewards will not be available. Other rewards will be given as they come available.
      Update June 1st, 2020: quest is ready for permanent launch, just needs permanent rewards.
    • By lashtal
      So, the anniversary is over, but a new wave of plushies is descending on the realm.
      As you may have noticed, Cyrus Siridius has been caught trespassing Necrovion and met a premature end.
      Who is this fellow? What do we know about him? This is what a very accurate autopsy revealed:
      You have one week (deadline: May 11 23.59 server time) to draw an avatar for Cyrus Siridius.
      Quoting Aia, the drawing should be in black and white (no colours). Ideally, the proportions should be scalable to an Avatar (which, when scaled down, is 160 pixels high and 100 pixels wide) - however, the artwork should be much larger than this, so that it can be scaled down.
      The best one, based on forum reputation, wins my entire collection of plushies + 13 silver coins (courtesy of TKs) + a little something else.
      In case of a tie, the player with lower Mind Power wins. Should this criteria fail to name a winner, the lower Mind Power with lower number of plushies wins.
      Cyrus Siridius is welcome to participate in the voting, and his vote will count x 10. (Ideally, he gets to keep the avatar, in case avatar managers agree)
    • By Steno
      "A recent tour of the Sage's Keep has discovered a new room! While walking around, Chewett2 discovered a new room within the building. How could a new room in a building that has been occupied for 15 years just now been found, you ask? Especially when this building is so big on the outside, yet so small on the inside! Who knows, the obviously original wookiee (chewett2) must have found a hidden gem! Your quest is to describe this new room. Contestants should find ways to describe its layout, its content, its appearance, and even where it is with the route to get there. Players should focus on quality in this contest,  not the speed with which they submit their efforts. Artwork is suggested, it is not required, but it will add points to your score. Artwork will not be graded on talent, but if you draw 4 lines and a stickfigure, it will be graded on effort (to the best of the judges' abilities). This quest has the potential to shape or mold the world around it, thus its rewards have the potential to shape the world of its winner. Remember the context of the sage's keep: who calls this building home? What function has it served? What could be hidden for 15 years? These are all questions that you could strive to answer in your description (they are not necessary to answer, however, nor will answering them impact judging in any way). Good luck!

Rewards:WP for best one. Unique item for first as well.
      Anni for first, second, third if (2, 4, and 6+ players attempt it). Plushies for all.
      Players shall have 2 week to send, via forum PM their submissions to me. They will be submitted to judges in a single-blind fashion.
      Starts on 4/17- ends on 5/5."

If you are looking for some inspiration, check out a similar quest. However, the judges have reviewed all of these entries and will there discard your entry if it can arguably be considered a copy of one of these.
      I will post submissions here when judging is completed. 

• By Steno
      Help! 
      I brought some bad burritos to the the events at MDA! I had to run off when I realized that someone has hoarded all of the paper!
      What person would do such a thing?
      Help me out!
      I need 20 paper. Participants should give me paper to help me out of my "predicament". I will use trade logs to figure out who gives me the most.
      Whoever gives the most paper gets 1 anniversary creature. The other 4 or so people who give paper will receive 2 silver. and plushies!

Please bring items to me, not ITC codes, in case I idle.