Design your own animated Golem

Following on from my recent research topic, I offer the following challenge:

I would like you to design and create a Golem of your own. Use your imagination and skills to show the realm your wizardry by animating that which would not normally naturally move.

Rules:

1)     The golem must have a recognizable human shape

2)     The size, materials used and method of energy is entirely at your discretion

3)     The golem must have some manner of animation of its own volition for at least 10 seconds

4)     The evidence for the animation must be in the form of a video clip

5)     Please provide a picture of the core components as evidence

6)     Somewhere in both pieces of evidence must be your MD name and the date

Participants will be rewarded appropriately to reflect the time and effort it takes to complete their entry.

As this quest has no end date, I would like to request this quest be pinned in some way to give participants plenty of time to think of, and create their entries.

The word animation is only used here with regards to the movement of a real life figure, no drawings involved :)

Please note: robotic is a word Nimrodel used, not me. Please animate your golems in any way your ingenuity leads you to!

Edited by Josephine

Alright...i'm not sure i can manage the human shape any better, and i forgot about the MD sign until later. Sorry

I see, i'll get to it right away. My two thoughts were battery power or banana milk. I should think of those and post a pic of them.

33 minutes ago, ignnus said:

I see, i'll get to it right away. My two thoughts were battery power or banana milk. I should think of those and post a pic of them.

:) ignnus, please read the initial post thoroughly before submitting your next video. I would hate to see you waste your time over this.

Aelis, you have not only fulfilled the brief entirely but come up with a very unique solution to the challenge of animating something inanimate.

You have been awarded a wishpoint, thank you.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By Muratus del Mur
      This is an other _PERMANENT_ quest.

Its purpose is to motivate you to build stuff, not just virtual but actually create things with your hands, use your imagination and dexterity and so on.

A permanent quest is designed as a way to provide a constant and guarateed flow of rewards. While they are simple to do and have high rewards, permanent quests can be done only once per player. This is intended to motivate a player to complete all permanent quests and also to give equal chances to all players to aquire certain things that should be rare but still available (like drachs and wishpoints).

This one is based on "Drach's Fall" quest initially created by Burns. It is basically an official version of that same quest, with his approval, but with small changes so it fits with a permanent quest.

--------------------

What to do?
      Build a Drachorn out of anythig you can imagine, from paper to stones or potatoes..even mud, doesn't matter what you build your drach from, as long as it looks like a Drachorn and its 3D. Drawings of a drach are unacceptable, it needs to be an actual 3d construction.

Example:
      View pictures from Burns Drach's Fall contest: http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/gallery/album/282-drachorns-fall/

[attachment=4444:drach2.jpg]
      [attachment=4443:drach1.jpg]
      (IMPORTANT: These example pics are from the initial contest, read below what you need to write on the note next to the drach)

Judging of reward
      Try not to repeat ideas others used, If i see the same idea repeated too much i might void your entry. Try to be creative and original, regardless what comes out, its more important to be yourself than to copy others. From time to time, the best entries might be selected for an additional award. Keep in mind you can participate ONLY ONCE, so do your best!

What next once done?
      Once done, make 3 pictures of your creation, one of your hands must be seen in the picture and a put a note with "MD, playername, year" written on it, next to your drach. Post it here, state what reward option you are aiming for. If your drach is original and acceptable in terms of "build quality", you are granted your reward, no contest! It might take several days for your reward to be given, maybe a month, maybe same day, but as long as your entry is posted here public, it will be.

--------------------

Reward option 1)
      1 Wishpoint from me, ranked from 4 to 8 depending on how cool and well done i consider your creation to be made. 

Reward option 2)
      two wish codes so you can award two wishpoints for your quests.

Reward option 3)
      A fresh drach egg

Good luck