Nava

The Wrath of the Shades: Implications

I'm moving this discussion here as a complaint thread is no place for it.

What fascinates me about the words of the Shades is when they say that the Old Man is their human counterpart.  Last I checked, humans only had one Shade: their own.

The Shades said that "they" will pay.  That involves a large part of the community.  I would call this community involvement, especially since the Shades are coming for us all.

What defences do you have in place to protect yourselves? Or will you grovel before the Shades, begging for forgiveness.

I suggest you make your preparations before an army of the dead is raised to collect the most precious of payments: life.

That would be the kindest vengeance from a Necromancer.  The worst would be collecting your soul.

Look to Loreroot.  There is strong magic there.

I think we can make many great adventures out of this.

Edit: I was not done the post and it posted...

Edited by Nava

its unreasonable to punish the entire population because someone or a group did something

if someone comes after me i will defend myself

if there is a necromancer we can kill him so he cant make more undead

I activate two dark snake syndromes and attempt to attack with my raging flame sprite... I mean... >.>

My 'defense' is a nice object I made a long while back. Also, I am willing to accept the shades, I want to help them unlike others it seems.

image.png.f48dc8dbc78a33ddbb7c99f5bcb8a66f.png

7 minutes ago, MaGoHi said:

its unreasonable to punish the entire population because someone or a group did something

if someone comes after me i will defend myself

if there is a necromancer we can kill him so he cant make more undead

There is a log.  We know who was involved.  Including myself. Some people may have not spoken, though.

Mallos, I too help the Shades, just as I do all aspects, except those that would dare try to master the Universe.  They, instead, are utilized.

Sometimes, helping means creating opposition to promote evolution.

Perhaps do something at the Howling Gates as an attempt to try and communicate peacefully with them? 
What would be best to reach them? A sacrifice (I can help with the killing :P)? Heat gathering? Vigil? These all seem pretty lame. But maybe you guys have better ideas :P

What do you think? Would trying to contact the shades be a sensible idea?

One must consider what the Shades losing their human counterpart may mean for all humans. And Shades. And that which is connected to Shades.

Added note: what can balance out the death of the Shades' human counterpart? 

Edited by Nava

if the little old man was their puppet, vessel whatever then they probably want a new vessel, but since the little old man seemed happy to die it is probably not nice to be their puppet

8 hours ago, Nava said:

Added note: what can balance out the death of the Shades' human counterpart? 

The death of our shade counterpart? Is that even possible?

On Day 308 - Year 13, a handful of humans gathered in Necrovion, at the Stone of Twisted Souls.

Those were MaGoHi, Ledah, Aelis, Rophs and myself.

We started a blood sacrifice in the attempt to have the Shades react and possibly restore the altars.

We shared otherarmy stones among us and began to massacre each others with Summoned Army.

Personally, I was pleased to see our cause was joined from the outside by Syrian.

We are all suffering stat-damage, negative VP and all the stuff that make flagellants feel so good.

We're planning to repeat the session at various times of the day, until we run out of casts.

I encourage you all to join the cause and start the best grinding you'll ever do.

- is the new +

p.s. Before midnight, take a screenshot of your daily "progress". The most injuried might get a prize!

He lost his half, the one that wept.  He kept his half, the one that prepped.  Now the humans wish to connect, and the Shades, it seems, they wish to affect. 

It's blood they want, it's blood they keep.  But now you wait for them to speak.  Actions are louder, and the volume is high, be careful human, or you may die.

Do this now, and do this true, and you will be given your shadowy due.

2 hours ago, Fang Archbane said:

Two thoughts.

1) We can try to kill TTL.

2) We can try to cast Wind Ward as a group... on the Stone of Twisted Souls.

I'm prepared for any meddling.  We're prepared for any meddling.  They're prepared for any meddling.  All is prepared for any meddling. Soon the veil will be lifted, and I will see you just as clearly as you will see me.

Edited by Nava

Fangy by now you should know that i do not care what you as single entity want.

I only care about myself like a proper selfish ass, coincidentally lots of other people had the same wish of getting the altars back, so i was lucky.

AND even though i almost failed my ethics exam because of it i still think that the greater good or in this case the wish of many weighs heavier than the wish of a few or the single little rebel puppy you are

Edited by MaGoHi
fixed spelling mistake