No one

Complaint on "One Man, Many voices" AL

3 hours ago, dst said:

We cannot see something that does not exist. Or that will not exist. 

Patience, dst.

10 hours ago, Nava said:

Patience, dst.

Oh..I think I am the most patient person in this whole MD but this is not about that. It's about the fact that I called on your bs and now you are trying to bs me some more. Basically what 95% of MD population is doing: bragging with no real support. Because why not? Words don't cost anything.

I'd like to refute your presumptuous claims a bit, I know you think highly of yourself dst but thinking doesn't make things true. Now you're here essentially arguing in favor of continuing the AL as it would be common sense while simultaneously telling people they can't do anything and I assume by upvotes agreeing with subverting the process of (patiently, I might add) returning the altars back to a functional state through the actions of people within the AL, so consistency  out the window now. I'd suggest you either relearn about the MD community or learn to be less critical.

Currently there is a pm group of people that had some very interesting input on the AL of late and while they might not be taking it ingame so much it is at least something. 70% of all statistics are made up, I don't see where the 95% came from, most players seem rather engaged when they say something and we see Nava at least trying to get some activity going among others like Aia who rallied for the Eclipse back. I'm sure some amount of bragging is always going to happen but I don't think it is a rampant issue, a lot of players have achieved good things through real effort and we still see a lot of it today, take the Gateway Island guardians as an example or the Necrovion Death Patrol.

Now maybe we can get back on topic a bit, I'd still like to see more action rather than a complaint. In fact I have an idea that I am mulling over and might post soon.

Mallos points out something very important: it is through the actions of players that the AL moves forward and I'm trying to promote activity. There are those among us who wield causality with supreme excellency. They are the masterminds behind all this and I'm to be the result that is the cause.  If lashtal is a pawn, I am the Queen.

I have no need to brag about things that won't occur.  I wouldn't do such a thing to myself or those that take my words seriously.

after a brief skim through this thread, i think the main issue with this Al segment comes from just how limiting it is for the whole realm, if it was just a small change in how the game plays for others then the impact might not have been so severe, however, its affecting gameplay for those not involved, and have no way to get involved.

i'm all for elements that affect the realm as they do bring life to the game in some aspects, but this current Al is doing the opposite, its locking down one of the main things that are keeping some of the players active here. a story should enhance the game, not limit it, provide discussion, not opposition.

that being said, why cant a compromise be made? even if it's just opening up one altar somewhere, even if it's just for a brief moment every so often, just to allow both things to exist. does it fit the "lore" of the quest? i dont know, but it would make the the state of the game easier to swallow for the people who want to participate in the aspect of the game that is now locked.

new players who come to the game may want to change out their creatures or play around with these features, and cannot do so beacuse of a situation they cant participate in, i feel like a temporary solution should be reached. i'm sure there exists some solution that allows both parties to participate in the areas of the game they want to, without treading on the feet of the other.

Edited by Syrian

old players too (would like to change their creatures).
I think these events should be kept for those that subscribe to them and not to be forced on everybody ... especially when there is nothing beneficial in this AL for the rest of MD.

As I see it, this is becoming a duplicate of PO's mass dream (to be read abuse).

Any adventure is beneficial. 

Anyways, i dont understand one thing - do we know how to get the altars functioning and someone is purposely refusing our solution or it's the opposite?

Any adventure is beneficial. 

Anyways, i dont understand one thing - do we know how to get the altars functioning and someone is purposely refusing our solution or it's the opposite?

29 minutes ago, Miq said:

1) get strong men or horses
2) pull the old man into pieces
3) stuff the pieces into all altars in sync
4) eat cake

finally a solution!

26 minutes ago, No one said:

That is simple ;

1. get some strong men ON horses

2. pull the old man into pieces

3. stuff its pieces into altars

4. eat a cake while waiting to see if anyone recognizes the corpse as being Rophs

:D

Why are you involving Rophs in this manner?

19 hours ago, Nava said:

Why are you involving Rophs in this manner?

Cause it makes as much sense as the non-sense in the AL. 

Actually I wrote the above just for the pun. I would ALWAYS choose an AL with events like the ones No one described to the usual boring mambo-jumbo that is currently the adventure log.  

AL was fun in the beginning but the moment it fell into the wrong hands, everything took a turn for boredom and for a way players would use to boost (or sooth) their ego. Or to abuse it. The Al. Not the ego 😜

And in the end, it would have been fine. I care about it as much as I care about the influence of the moonlight on rubber slippers. But the actual gameplay was influenced. That would have been fine also. But then nothing happened! And I mean not a single thing. Moreovet when No one decided he had enough and complained, you all jumped like hens at a pile of buggers (literal translation from the RO “ a sarit ca gaina la muci” - pardon my language 😁) accusing him of not understanding the greater plan the illuminated minds of MD have set in place. You tried to act superior and knowledgeable when the actual truth is that you don’t know even what the cat is burrying (another literal translation - yes, sue me 😁).

When I saw the reaction then I was left with only one thing to do: troll you good. Which I did. And you didn’t even see it, being blinded by your inflated ego 😁. And now I must exit the subway so have fun!

Edited by dst

7 hours ago, dst said:

Cause it makes as much sense as the non-sense in the AL. 

Actually I wrote the above just for the pun. I would ALWAYS choose an AL with events like the ones No one described to the usual boring mambo-jumbo that is currently the adventure log.  

AL was fun in the beginning but the moment it fell into the wrong hands, everything took a turn for boredom and for a way players would use to boost (or sooth) their ego. Or to abuse it. The Al. Not the ego 😜

And in the end, it would have been fine. I care about it as much as I care about the influence of the moonlight on rubber slippers. But the actual gameplay was influenced. That would have been fine also. But then nothing happened! And I mean not a single thing. Moreovet when No one decided he had enough and complained, you all jumped like hens at a pile of buggers (literal translation from the RO “ a sarit ca gaina la muci” - pardon my language 😁) accusing him of not understanding the greater plan the illuminated minds of MD have set in place. You tried to act superior and knowledgeable when the actual truth is that you don’t know even what the cat is burrying (another literal translation - yes, sue me 😁).

When I saw the reaction then I was left with only one thing to do: troll you good. Which I did. And you didn’t even see it, being blinded by your inflated ego 😁. And now I must exit the subway so have fun!

You're projecting.  You're assuming that, just like you, we're mostly motivated by our egos.  I wonder if you're able to see past your own. What is to be done is done for all.

Edited by Nava

Mod: There has been movement in the AL, and this thread is really hostile enough by now. If you could all dial it back one notch, that'd be great, and if you can't, i'll start hiding things.

Edited by Burns
MOAR mod-color for MOAR clarity!

Thank you for all your feedback, I took my leave before this all properly kicked off so have now went through this all.

This problem probably wont happen again as the guy dealing with the AL has decided it didnt work based on your feedback, so it likely wont happen again.