1. Fang Archbane

Fang Archbane

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By lashtal
      Greetings Magic Duellers,
      for this year's Halloween I'm willing to organize a spellcasters tournament, open to everybody.

Contestants are required to set nice spell-words for their favorite spells (MD spells - either regenerable or spell stones).
      Each contestant will "battle" against another - direct elimination - using one cast of one spell of their choice.
      In each battle, 2 judges will rate your magic arts under these criteria:
      1- how fancy/inspiring/evocative your spell words are;
      2- how appropriate your spell words are to the actual spell;
      (e.g., "may the fleas of a 1000 camels infest your armpits" might be appropriate for a "attack-lock" spell, but not for a "mirror ritual"...)
      3- how much Halloween feeling you managed to put in your magic.

The contestant with highest score wins and passes the turn.
      Each contestant may only use a combination of spell / spell-words once: if they pass the turn, they have to battle either with another spell or with different spell-words.

To apply, post here your name and ID by 21 October.
      After that date, there will be a random matching to determine who fights against whom in the first turn.

Rewards will depend on the number of applications, if 8 or above I'll toss in a Horseman creature for the winner.
    • By Krioni
      Hello Guardians!

I have been thinking a little about our alliance and I decided to start a thread here to hopefully talk about a couple ideas and thoughts I had. Please, discuss them and add your own, I want the Guardians to be one of the greatest alliances out there, and I firmly believe it contains some of the best people to be found in MD. So without further ado, here are some of the things that have been floating around in my mind during this vacation time where I haven't been able to be on as much:
      [list]
      [*]Activity together. I would love to spend more time together as an alliance, and show more connections with each other. Maybe this is already present and I am not much a part of it, but I want to see each member of the Guardians and know they are a friend and companion. I think contributing more to alliance chat when we are in and maybe even having some events together could build this up. I know I am terrible at both of those points, but I should try more too.
      [*]Mentorship and rank. Mya has been really good with giving me advice and helping me, but I want to be active and want to do my best in this alliance. Where do we start? Many others like me lower in the alliance may feel this way, a sort of "Well, I have my badge and maybe a little trial I am working on. Now what?"
      [*]Sort of in tandem with the above two, I would love to be able to communicate more with the leaders and those of higher rank. I want to log on to these forums and on to the game and be able to offer my ideas and talk with people. Lets be active here!
      [/list]
      As you can probably tell by the theme of what I bring up, I love to talk and interact with people. I want to live as a Guardian, but find it difficult and end up kind of floundering around. 95% of the conversations I have about the Guardians of the Root are with new people wondering about the alliance, and not with other more established players or with other Guardians. I don't want it that way, let us be an alliance and have others envy who we are together. An example.

Ah well, I may be completely off target or just out of the loop, but hey, there it is. Hope someone enjoys the read.

Krioni