Muratus del Mur

worst thing about Mur

lets see if this will work..
in this topic i ask you to say without any fear of any consequences of your reply, what you have worst to say about me, the way i act, think, behave, code, write...you name it.

I swear I will not let anything written in this topic influence my view about you. I will not chase you down and kill you nor will I penalize you directly or indirectly or cause any sort of damage or misstreatment to you, as a result of anything you will say here.

i am extreamly good at keeping such promises and control my behaviour as well as my judgement.

Mods, please do not moderate this one topic.

please do not write anything good here. i want to hear just the bad things (but ni need to force yourselves to write simething if you can't think of anything :P)

why i ask such a thing? Two reasons. one is that i want to see this info, in the hope i will be able to change anything about myself, or to understand how my actions and behaviour are seen by others. The other reason is to see how many can split their behaviour towards someone and actually talk free, without being afraid.
i say "split" because i will allow ofences a rudeness only here, while in other places in md you will get murdered swiftly if you are talking offending words to me :P

THIS IS A TOPIC ABOUT ME AS AN INDIVIDUAL NOT ABOUT MD GAMEPLAY OR EVOLUTION

Edited by Muratus del Mur

You seem to like ass kissers a lot. They do seem to end up getting more priviledges than they deserve.

This.

Im not going to reply other than this, This whole topic is a farce. Do it privately for real honesty, its just not right.

Like Nim said, only I would paraphrase it into my disgust with your "white" and "black" lists.

Many times I have experienced your blatant favouritism (and discrimination) backfiring on my own skin, and how you don't wish to intervene in any form when characters in relation with admins start creating personal wars (doesn't matter who's right, you should be there to stop it).

You can be extremely egoist, which this topic kinda portrays, although I wouldn't necessarily label that as a bad thing on its own I would care about, just in combination with things like the previous paragraph. So I guess scratch this line.

Hmmmm... I don't have much other to say, that's weird... Couple of years ago words would flow with passion :D

That's it for now about things in relation with you that stirred up some emotions. If I come up with something, I'll return.

Edited by Rhaegar Targaryen

You think and convey ideas based on your own intuition lots of the time, making you difficult to understand.

You seem to value your time very highly (probably for good reason) meaning it's hard to justify talking to you about things that aren't directly important to you in the moment.

The worst thing about Mur... was when you left.

You left a hole where a once storied (AL) realm of challenging adventures ensnared the minds of fledglings and old, forcing them to formulate (sometimes excavate) those dangerous, so very important questions that pointed beyond one's sense of self, that pushed boundaries, and that made for uncomfortable (but necessary) growth. 

Inner-magic.

Edited by Phantom Orchid

The worst thing for me was always that you´re not here in MD. You´re like a shadow, distant and disconnected, leaving a "supreme being" touch were none is. I could not describe how or who Mur is in MD to someone who just arrived, there is no story around you no feeling left when you visited your creation, but maybe it´s even your intension. 

And even worse is that sometimes, you know those rare times when I talked to you, there was a glimpse of an very interesting human being lurking through this thick fog which I called shadow and in the next moment you switched back to the distant "I have more important things to do" behavior.  

I always expected and still do that the one who "created" MD is a part of it, in a way that we all feel it, see it and interact with and here you fail badly.    

Mur....Try as I have over the last couple years to understand you, understand your way of thinking, of why you do the things you do, it always leaves me more confused then when i started.

I'm not sure why now that you've decided to be a glutton for punishment, yes you have your reasons stated clearly, but all things considered I'd wonder if there wasn't some deeper reasoning, but I will stay away from that and focus on MD and my issues with you as you've asked.

Most of my complaints would be only echos of what you've heard here, you're lack of discipline when ruling over this game has lead to the favorites and the not so favorite, I thought when you left as active ruler and the counsel stepped up things might change, and yet nothing has changed. I don't know how the counsel is selected. I don't know who they are. but the game of favorites is still being played. People have come into this game loving it, loving every aspect of it. and yet there will come along someone or some group that will ruin it for them. whether it be fighting, lack of rp, or what not, there are always people who for whatever reasons will always be favored and showered with abilities, gifts, and pardons from any bending, or stretching of the rules they might make. I don't expect this to change, because its just how things have been for as long as I've been here.

This leads to my second complaint. I understand the need to keep md vibrant, and worthwhile, with new ideas, new items to tinker with and what not, but at the same time a lot of the old glory of MD that you treasure so much has been left in the dust. the story lines aren't all finished, some people have spent their entire time in md staring at a construction sign every time they check on story mode. The parts of the realm that can be accessed and still hold some mystery if only because they were never completed or done with (champions challenge is the one that comes to mind) and then there's the one biggest annoyance for me. the one true thing that drew me back into the realm and i even bothered to spend a wish point on was the research and development areas, so many new and interesting facts I didn't know about the scenes and yet even then I reached a point where I couldn't go any further because I couldn't find anymore clues (albeit I have an idea of where some might be that i can not get to) and then you just killed the whole thing and put it under maintenance and that seems to have been the end of that. I implore of you, get back to basics. finish what you've started, use all the nifty tools you've found to work with the old stuff you left behind.

Next would be this. Stop trying to kill characters. Ever since those damned items came around. First it was the dagger, then I dunno what else can do it. but now you've brought Eon back for the sole purpose of being able to kill characters. It wasn't enough that he can cripple people with stat damage now he can kill them too.... I know its all part of the fight system and there's was to undo it. But this fascination with killing characters is getting rather old. When it was Torch and people had a way of getting back to life somewhat easily it was one thing but now.....The idea of being able to kill characters, to me lost its charm a long time ago, its no fun being dead, having to sit at GoE until some bright idea is thought up for how to revive you.  

My last complaint. You need to be more active as a face in the realm, you always said when you retired you'd be able to play as a player and have some fun with the rest of us players, but you're still little more then an omnipresent being who only shows up to roll out new toys

Most of my complaints would be only echos of what you've heard here, you're lack of discipline when ruling over this game has lead to the favorites and the not so favorite, I thought when you left as active ruler and the counsel stepped up things might change, and yet nothing has changed. I don't know how the counsel is selected. I don't know who they are. but the game of favorites is still being played. People have come into this game loving it, loving every aspect of it. and yet there will come along someone or some group that will ruin it for them. whether it be fighting, lack of rp, or what not, there are always people who for whatever reasons will always be favored and showered with abilities, gifts, and pardons from any bending, or stretching of the rules they might make. I don't expect this to change, because its just how things have been for as long as I've been here.

Next would be this. Stop trying to kill characters. Ever since those damned items came around. First it was the dagger, then I dunno what else can do it. but now you've brought Eon back for the sole purpose of being able to kill characters. It wasn't enough that he can cripple people with stat damage now he can kill them too.... I know its all part of the fight system and there's was to undo it. But this fascination with killing characters is getting rather old. When it was Torch and people had a way of getting back to life somewhat easily it was one thing but now.....The idea of being able to kill characters, to me lost its charm a long time ago, its no fun being dead, having to sit at GoE until some bright idea is thought up for how to revive you. 

YES! I definitely agree with these two points,  especially the first part. Favoritism (between players as well) is a huge problem which really causes players to slowly move away from MD ---> less activity. Lack of activity in the realm is one of the worst possible things that is happening in MD, and there is nothing being done about it.

Edited by DARK DEMON

YES! I definitely agree with these two points,  especially the first part. Favoritism (between players as well) is a huge problem which really causes players to slowly move away from MD ---> less activity. Lack of activity in the realm is one of the worst possible things that is happening in MD, and there is nothing being done about it.

This isnt about MD. This is about Mur... Just in case you didnt read the topic.

This isnt about MD. This is about Mur... Just in case you didnt read the topic.

>.>

Most of my complaints would be only echos of what you've heard here, you're lack of discipline when ruling over this game has lead to the favorites and the not so favorite, I thought when you left as active ruler and the counsel stepped up things might change, and yet nothing has changed.

Mur didn't do anything about it.

Edited by DARK DEMON

This topic was made public to satisfy my ego, of course, but that does not make it a farce in an way. The things pointed out here are very helpful for me. What scares me is that on the majority of the points, i have nothing to change..or i can't..or i don't know how..or i consider i shouldn't .... well...i made this topic, its a step, i shall see how i use this info afterwards.

Its expected that most share same views about what the terrible mur does wrong.. so having it as public post is helpful for me to be able to reply to all of you, instead of making this via pms that i will never reply.

This "favoritism" thing pops up everywhere, so i would like you _all_ that named it as a problem, to send me, or post in here if you "dare", a list of playernames that you, personally, consider i favor in an unfair way.. Based on that i shall analyze if my reasons to favor one or the other are justified or a weakness. In some cases, favors are part of my gratitude towards those players for their efforts. In other cases these "favors" are my way of expressing confidence of what that player could be/become later...in other cases ..probably..something else happens that i need to understand.

oh yeah, name in a few words what is it that i favor about one or the other player you name.

seriously..lets deal with this whole favoritism thing now.

p.s. i will answer to the other points later ..i need to make myself a list

For "favoritism" list, I'd like to ask about Phantom Orchid too. What's the story with her / him? Got out of jail, got revived, what's next ?

Back on topic:

1. you hate me  ( I don't know if that is bad but anyway :)  )

2. you kind of lie. Anyway, words can be interpreted in more then one way, so here is it:

i am extreamly good at keeping such promises and control my behaviour as well as my judgement.

Yea, like you can "control" your "behaviour".

You are too impulsive to do that. But I'd like to see it.

3. You tend to code when you're angry. And stuff don't go nice on players. (see "behavior control" above)

Should I remember you how many features were changed when you were angry ?

4. you ask for feedback and instead on using some of the good advices from that feedback you simply ignore it.

If you don't like players' feedback, just listen on the council.

That should be enough for the moment.

Edited by No one

Few clarifications:

1. I do not say Eon got what he want entirely because of favouritism. I know he worked his way up as well. But there were somethings that were ignored in his case, things that would have been punished had it been a regular player.

2. By out of MD I do not just mean personally. I mean via yim as well. The closer the RPC to you, the more powerful he/she was. Call it a curse if you wish. But that was how it was.

3. Favouring a person upto some extent is fine. I will ofcourse as a person favour people I like more than other people however just I try to be. Thats human nature. But making them your blindspot is kinda... too much. Granos had to make a hoohah out of the whole drachorn thing with Jaco and Cutler. Otherwise as on today there probably wouldn't have been a jail nor would have there been justice. The RPCs would've got away with almost everything like before.

Current list of favorised players:

Fang Archbane -  (who made it to mp7 with his illusionist meteor),

Seigheart  - (who was sponsored with a spell doc as a reward for a quest that should've ensured him some punishment),

Leixer - (who got a drachorn in those days when GGs were rare for being 'persistent'. All he was persistant was at beating the crap out of the system by putting his finger in all the loopholes he could find and tearing the system apart.).

Eon - was shown favouritsm as well. a lot of people suffered because of him.

Indyra - is another huge example for favouritism. Lair keepers didnt even last for a few months.

lets update this list, and once done i will see what to do about each entry

@Nim:

Becomming more favored, was part of the rpc thing, of course, how else to give them authority.

I can't remember why rpc system was disbanded. yes people become arogant if they have me "on their side"..sadly.

You say very few of the old rpc deserved that post...no, in my view almost all deserved it. I say almost because i know of 1, possibly 2, that were true favors, but i won't name them here, that would be not a nice thing for me to do, not here and now. The rest, i considered all to deserve their position.

"Many made it just because they knew you out of game as well." - that is a general missconception. I meet people usualy AFTER they do something to deserve my attention, and some even if they deserve it, they don't receive it. I must exclude here relatives..its hard to negociate favors with relatives.

@no one:

1) hating someone can be a bad thing about someone?

2) you start to accuse me of lieing about something that just started? (don't answer)

3) the "many features" i changed that you are refering to, were things done in anger specifically against your way of cheating the gameplay (not the game)..i bet thats bad for you

4) i asked for feedback, never said i will answer all of it. What i do with the info its my business. I try to learn from it, but that does not meani will succeed.

@ nim:

thats the point, after working for your character A LOT, you are no longer a "regular player". Eon earned his 'favors'..but i will say that again when i will reanalyse the list above.

Its possible that some got under my skin easier because they contacted me on ym.

You DO realise what actions will follow after this topic is concluded, right? If i remember right you are on my facebook contacts list as well..and some might say now that i favored you when picking you for the last skyscouter quest...think about that. Anyway, lets make a list with people that i favored, i am VERY curious to see where it goes.

As a note...i am getting angry, thats perfectly fine, i said i will not take any action (not now not later) against any of you regardless what you say or how mad you manage to get me, but being angry is perfectly normal when you read some accuses :D

for now i am having fun

@no one:

1) hating someone can be a bad thing about someone?

2) you start to accuse me of lieing about something that just started? (don't answer)

3) the "many features" i changed that you are refering to, were things done in anger specifically against your way of cheating the gameplay (not the game)..i bet thats bad for you

4) i asked for feedback, never said i will answer all of it. What i do with the info its my business. I try to learn from it, but that does not meani will succeed.

Exactly my point(s) :)

Because of your "control", you lose focus on what's important or ... what's important for others.

And ... we are talking about the past experience. I'd really like you to take into account some of this feedback (not mine).

Lets have fun!

There seems to be a type of person with a certain type of genius where they can only work on things when they're in the mood to do so (pseudolonewolf is another I'm thinking of, if anyone knows who that is). Its upsetting seeing you get a burst of enthusiasm for a new project and being 90% sure its never going to be finished. Can't say I don't understand it though, I'm not a genius but I also have a lot of trouble working on something I'm not in the mood to do.

As for favoritism... most of the people on that list absolutely deserve a lot of what they've gotten, but it seems that they get more than other people who deserve just as much.

(Offtopic, don't post a reply to just this but if you happen to already be posting you could reply. Am I the only person that gets the feeling that Mur can see everything I'm doing online when I'm talking to him on YIM?)

Jester, you are absolutely right, and sadly very few understand that those things are influencing my way of behaving, and they are simply way to difficult to change, instead i have to live with that

1) i never finish what i start, not just md, but in my personal life too, in art things i do, in things i write, in _everything_ i do. I don't finish the food on the plate, i don't finish paid projects i start, i never finished my book, i just published it in the middle of writing it, just to CLOSE it.

2) It is so that i can't give everyone that deserves what they deserve..often that is confused with favoritism, but its not, i just pick some and work on that. Its too much work to do the same way for all and i can't handle it, so i need to pick lucky ones. This is not favoritism!

worst thing about Mur

- not finishing projects seem an personnal trait (seeing some features of MD)
- Being impulsive and going all the way, sometime to much .. possibly
- saying sometime cryptic statements
- not using the nice sherlock homes mouse avatar these days :) (just an personnal liking opinion)

Using yim (or skype or what ever). Reserve such method of contact only for meetings and even for that you could make a meeting room in md.

(this goes actually for most of you vets as it seems from this thread)

Edited by Miq

Darn, I had bad timing for this thread, and it's lost some lustre.    

Figured, Mur asked for it, so my only real complaint against him that is not mechanics or MD evolution is:

Rule the realm, or not.    

I could care less about favoritism, if that's the rules of this realm.   Half-Council&Community seems to have diluted things. 

You have been said to play favorites but then seem to sometimes shift to "cryptic answer mode" if a backlash happens.   (this may be just my own peception)

However, it is your realm, with your rules.  Make it yours, own it fully, with an bronze or iron fist, or let the votes and polls drive directions to unknown ends. 

(double-darn, it's still about MD evolution now, isn't it?! )

To use a cheesy metaphor:   Make the mirror out of smoked glass, or rose-tinted, or metal, or whatever you, as Craftsman envision.  Craft the realm your way.   Don't try to control the reflections in it.  That's our burden. 

:cool:

Edited by Maebius

When I spoke about favoritism I didn't focus on people that get 'showered' with abilities as someone put (although there are some cases that really confuse me why are they continually gifted with stuff).

A good number of people from that combined list got their abilities with some work and continuation on a role they wanted. (since I was mentioned there, I wish to say I don't consider myself one of those hardworking deserving, I got my role luckily based on circuimstances, where in some other times I am certain it would be required of me to do several more steps other than what I did now to get dreamcatcher abilities)

'Role ability Mur blessings' are good for MD, as long as the single and only motive for a blessing would be that it would help MD as a whole, to make it more natural and richer.

My problem with favoritism is mostly about favoured people breaking rules, not getting punished, you judging unjustly in favour of your privileged against other players, making yourself a 'criminal' as well.

I remember when you (Mur) forced kingships upon lands, it was very ridicilous. When I was in Loreroot and I had that incident with Firsanthalas, that happened to be visiting you in Romania, he told me you advised him to kick me out. You gave him overpowering tools without any mechanic for reaction just to help him ensure his dominion. Couple of months later on, same thing happened with Jester and Pamplemousse, only she was more to your liking so you introduced rebel system immediately (which had its own faults but at least you did something).

Dst, with which I personally never had a problem other than indirect verbal conflicts (in relation to other players), is continually complained about for spying, disturbing actions.

Now, like I said, she never created such problems for me so I don't know what is the complete truth behind all those events, but still, when someone is reportedly doing something controversial, you don't give them more abilities to proactively do the same stuff on a more serious level!

I know few cases where you recognized she was not right, but you did nothing to stop her.

I don't blame Dst at all for anything that happened. I blame you for encouraging her to continue.

When cybersexers were active, Akasha (as far as I recall) made logs of Clock Master and Czez that were in the depths of labyrinth (away from public), then she distributed those logs to at least dozen of people. Imagine such sickness! Did you AT LEAST criticize her or similar actions? No!

Yet when someone insults your ego in the forum, you come down like a storm upon them.

Magistra received a month of jail sentence because she made what seem to be serious irrational accusations. So slander gives you one month of jail, yet abusing admin privileges to maltreat players gives a pat on the back? 

I'm starting to think very negatively about myself for continuing to passively allow these crimes against humanity by playing this game that I love.

I would like at least semi-decent response from you, Mur, on all of these points of mine, so I can define my presence here.