Amoran Kalamanira Kol

6. Ivorak

Ivorak

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By Ungod
      I was going through a little book on Leonardo Da Vinci and found an interesting passage written by the man himself; it concerns water:
      I thought it a very good description - with the rhythms of poetry, yet thoroughly scientific; raising questions, adding various concepts, suggesting relationships with other elements.
      The four elements are also present in MD and I was thinking maybe the concept should be expanded? Is this ancient Greek system still intriguing or has become boring? How expansive is Leonardo's description? Could we write something as good for all of the elements? (I sure can't, but when you combine thoughts...)
      If there is a mild interest in this, we could make a small group and produce a paper.
    • By Ungod
      Long introduction above to serve as base for the question: 'Do you want lands to be more closed than they are now? Do you want borders/walls or do you want more inclusion?'
      I'm asking because I remembered my 6-year old idea about buildable gates and I wonder if that is a good idea. It would make lands more 'closed' and create centers of authority once again. Is it good to build walls or should we wait for enlightenment in a global village?

• By Ungod
      I was thinking the other day that if quests are to be a constant part of MD, there's a need for a system. I don't know what is the plan for that, so I'm just forwarding my idea for it and hope it doesn't conflict the plan. 
      Q. How does one create quests?
      A. One completes a form with two fields: one specifying the quest details (and if there is addressed to someone in particular) and one explaining why the quest should be accepted (meant to convince the reviewer). The form is reviewed by a Quest Ranger, who then either declines or accepts the quest. Accepted quests are posted on the Quest Page, which serves only as a bulletin board if the quest is not intended to all.
      Q. Does a Quest Ranger have to explain his/her decision?
      A. No, although they can send a message with the reason (too many quest points given, not suitable for the role etc). If you created a quest and it was declined without a reason, you can ask a Quest Ranger for the reasons. 
      Q. What are the rewards for completing quests?
      A. A reward is the ability of developing your role, both as quest-giver and quest-accepter. This is also the right way to justify the quest in the second field. Apart from that, I was thinking of quest points. A quest-giver includes the number of quest points awarded for completing the quest and will also receive half of that number as a quest-giver, when the quest is completed. The quest points are automatically charged into the account. 
      Q. What can you do with quest points?
      A. Buy unusual rewards. Trade will still happen and 'unofficial quests' rewarding creatures, coins and items, the same. However, quest points will give you the chance to buy something that is not 'normally' obtainable e.g. a mirrorrit cast or one-time access to a location like Champions Challenge or Oak Tower int. or Accursed Growth int. etc (for example, 100 quest points can buy a key, which is a 'move_to_loc', disappearing after use).
    • By Ungod
      If you have some kind of disorder and a wonder cure appeared, a miracle pill or something, would you care for why and how it works for your disorder? Would you like the miracle to exist and be happy that your pain is no more, or would you seek the explanation for how it does what it does, even if you might find out the truth you dislike, a reality you'd resent?
    • By Aethon
      Hey hey all, it’s been a while!
      Back when I started, I began to collect old avatars that I loved the look of, had a bit of history and generally didn’t want “wasted”.
      Now that I’ve been gone for a while though, and will only be back gradually, I think it’s time to open up the vault and let people take their pick.
      I’m not necessarily looking to trade these (though may choose to), feel free to state here or in pm (forum please) which one you are interested in and why, this will act as your “bid” I guess.
      If I feel like it’s a good bid and the reason is sound then it’s yours. If I don’t think the reason is great then it may come down to a case of trading...but I’ll try to be fair.