ZenTao

Holiday Scene/Creature Makeover Contest

[indent=1][size=3][color=#000080][font=georgia, serif]ʘ[/font][/color][color=#FF0000][font=georgia, serif]Ⱦʘ[/font][/color][color=#FFFF00][font=georgia, serif]Ⱦʘ[/font][/color][color=#00FF00][font=georgia, serif]Ⱦʘ[/font][/color][color=#008080][font=georgia, serif]Ⱦʘ[/font][/color][color=#DAA520][font=georgia, serif]Ⱦʘ[/font][/color][/size][font=comic sans ms,cursive][font=georgia,serif][size=5][size=3] ~~[/size][color=#ff0000][size=4][b]Holiday Scene and Creature Makeover Contest[/b][/size][/color][size=3][b]~~[/b][/size][/size][/font][/font][size=3][color=#00ffff][font=comic sans ms,cursive][font=georgia,serif]ʘ[/font][/font][/color][color=#008080][font=comic sans ms,cursive][font=georgia,serif]Ⱦʘ[/font][/font][/color][color=#800080][font=comic sans ms,cursive][font=georgia,serif]Ⱦʘ[/font][/font][/color][color=#000080][font=comic sans ms,cursive][font=georgia,serif]Ⱦʘ[/font][/font][/color][color=#ff0000][font=comic sans ms,cursive][font=georgia,serif]Ⱦʘ[/font][/font][/color][color=#ffff00][font=comic sans ms,cursive][font=georgia,serif]Ⱦʘ[/font][/font][/color][/size][/indent]
[indent=1]

[size=4][font=georgia,serif]You may have noticed there are many artistic contests going on right now. Well, here's another and its aimed at the graphic artists out there. Knowledge of Photoshop or other equivalent programs/software is always good but not necessary. You can simply use Windows Paint or download Gimp which is free, and wonderful![/font][/size]

[b][size=4][font=georgia,serif]Rules:[/font][/size][/b]
[b]Either dress up a MD scene with Xmas decor, such as [font=georgia, serif]Xmas[/font][font=georgia, serif][size=4] trees, ornaments, gifts, tinsel anything Xmas related or have MD creatures dressed up as Xmas type characters OR even put them in the scenes, its up to you! Just make sure to add the "MD" in there and don't use anything but your own creations in the scenes and on the creatures- Graphics only no drawings UNLESS you use a program such as paint to do so.[/size][/font] [font=georgia,serif]You may use colors not normally found in MD or stick to the traditional look.Post them here when done![/font][/b]

update![/indent]

[indent=1]
[b][color=#ff0000]Okay, rule updates in order-- Allowing Xmas decor from stock images with no copyright! So if its tinsel, a tree, gifts, Santa hat ornaments, stalkings then you may use it but only the decor! If you want to put people in the scenes, I hope you took the pictures of the people/ babies yourself you MAY update your picture to meet the rules! Thanks [/color][/b][/indent]

[indent=1]I made this with the idea that those of us who are not the best drawers could show another way of being creative, so again,
[b][font=georgia, serif][size=4] Graphics only no drawings UNLESS you use a program such as paint to do so...[/size][/font][/b][/indent]

[left][left] [/left][/left]
[left][left]I will allow as many submissions as you awesome artists wish to come up with, I enjoy seeing your creations and it is neat to see how other people manipulate the scenes/creatures to their liking.[color=#008000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif] [/font][/color][b][color=#008000]BUT, If you choose to do more then one submission you must tell me by December 24th( BY midnight) and no later which one submission you want to represent you at the polls.[/color] [color=#FF0000]If you fail to let me know which submission you want to represent you by the time I have stated, I will have no choice but to choose it for you and you may not like it the best. [/color][/b][color=#FF0000][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]That being said, I hope you have a great time doing this, So far the pictures are awesome![/font][/color]
[/left][/left]

[left][left] [/left][/left]
[left][left]
Contest will run starting today and end on Christmas.

[b][color=#0000ff] Prizes will be given Jan 1st after a 5 day poll has been conducted and winners voted on.[/color][/b]
[/left][/left]

[indent=1][font=georgia,serif][b]{ [/b][color=#B22222][b]1st through 7th place awards are as follows}[/b][/color][/font][/indent]

[indent=1][font=georgia,serif][size=3][color=#ff0000][b] 1st- 1 gold + shop Joker 1 wishpoint and Morph[/b][/color][/size][/font][/indent]

[indent=1][size=3][color=#ff0000][b] [font=georgia, serif]2nd[/font][font=georgia,serif]-5 silver + Shop Armour 2008 edition, and a Morph[/font]

3rd- 3 silver shop Shop Armour 2008 edition/ or if you wish 2 candy and the Armour and a Morph[/b][/color][/size]

[size=3][b][font=georgia,serif] 4th- 1 silver and a morph

5th- 1 silver and a morph[/font][/b][/size]

[size=3][b][font=georgia,serif] 6th- 1 silver and a morph

7th- 1 silver and a Morph[/font][/b][/size][/indent]

[indent=1]Sponsored by[/indent]

[indent=1][b][font=georgia, serif]Mur has offered one Morph to the top 7 artists![/font][/b]

[b][font=georgia, serif]Treasure Keepers is donating 1 wishpoint[/font][/b][/indent]

[indent=1]
[b][font=georgia, serif]ZenTao will provide the rest[/font][/b][/indent]
[indent=1][b][font=georgia, serif][IMG]http://i44.tinypic.com/219o3le.jpg[/IMG][/font][/b]

[b][font=georgia, serif]Merry Christmas Magic Duel[/font][/b][/indent] Edited by ZenTao

Original

My changes:

Hope you like them!

=)
Esmaralda

Edit: Just noticed the rule that says "[b][font=Georgia]don't use anything but your own creations in the scenes[/font][/b]" .

Some of the items used in the picture I did not hand drawn, or manually drawn using photoshop. They were images that I got from the web and modified to meet my design, so they are not my own (eg. the shadow people on the left was actually a picture of children playing in snow that I messed with to reach that outcome. Same idea with the snowman and the presents).

That probably fails the rule so it probably disqualifies me from this contest. None-the-less, I think the image turned out pretty good =) Edited by Esmaralda

No worries Esmaralda, once you change an image its your creation, after all it's no longer children in the snow. I think both submissions are fantastic myself!

Christmas is coming and it's time for me to bury the hatchet (or should I say Axe) of war. So, I...turned Tree into a Fire tree and decorated it! And I also wished him and its master (Goaty Boy) Merry Christmas (in a certain goaty style).

Maybe Santa will be nice to it this year and it will get something more then coal :D

[attachment=3387:MC_tree2.png]

[quote name='Shadowseeker' timestamp='1323192092' post='97341']
A clarification would be nice as to exactly what is allowed..I'm getting confused here, Esme did something but Zentao said it's okay, when the rules seem to say something else....
[/quote]

Okay, rule updates in order-- Allowing Xmas decor from stock images with no copyright! So if its tinsel, a tree, gifts, Santa hat ornaments, stalkings then you may use it but only the decor! If you want to put people in the scenes, I hope you took the pictures of the people/ babies yourself you MAY update your picture to meet the rules! Thanks Edited by ZenTao

Ok, then my previous entry should be disqualified as I used images of people that I didn't take (the shadow people in the corner were originally children playing in the snow). Maybe if I have time I will redo the image, though I do like how the shadow people turned out =) Edited by Esmaralda

[size=5][font=comic sans ms,cursive]Sometimes things look different [i]under[/i] the christmas tree...[/font][/size] ;)

[size=6][attachment=3395:xmas.jpg][/size]

Edited by Phantom Orchid

I redid the image to fit the new rules:

Original:
[attachment=3397:christmas_original.jpg]

Old image with happy shadow people playing in the snow:
[attachment=3398:christmas.jpg]

New submission where the knators just finished eating lunch:
[attachment=3400:christmas_latest.jpg]

Hope you like it ^_^

Edited by Esmaralda

that is so amazing.
7 morphs to best seven artists (one each).

p.s. this is not tk sponsorship its personal. morphs will be passed to organizer NOW.

p.s2: why so much? because its something anyone can do, its fun, its THEMED to current period Edited by Muratus del Mur
- explained why the reward

A conspiracy!!!

Recently disturbing events have been unfolding...

See my screenshot of the events to see what the evil priests are doing! Help the tiny men save Christmas!!!

Edit: The picture may be a bit too big for some screens or just looking in here, please make sure to find the details :) (MD is hidden a bit in there)

Edit2: I reattached another version in small, it really looks better that way. I had to stretch it to make it easier to edit, so the first one was big. I removed the first one now.

Edited by Shadowseeker

So I know this may sound like a "duh" question, but we aren't allowed to draw anything at all? Only software is allowed, no pen/pencil? I am still trying to think about what to enter, but I just wanted to make sure I understood before doing anything.

Yes, you got the idea no pencils pens nothing but software, you can however use a paint program such as the basic Microsoft version of Paint or download one of many great free software products, such as Gimp to paint with, or if you are lucky enough to have Photoshop or similar software you may use those. Think computer graphic arts. Have Fun!

Wouldn't it be nice if the lake got frozen, so the Angien could ice skate and we could walk to the shrine during Christmas?
[attachment=3407:Christmas scene.jpg]
Everything is made using GIMP, except for the original scene and the angien.
Those were made using "print screen" :D

[i]Where is everyone? It's almost time for Mass...[/i]

[attachment=3425:hott10.jpg]

Edit: It's snowing now, and dst and Seigheart have teamed up to rob the priest of the Christmas gifts while he is not watching. Perfect costume for dst!

[attachment=3414:dst3.jpg] Edited by Guillak

[quote name='Shadowseeker' timestamp='1323381112' post='97511']
May we submit several? I might do another since I've got too much spare time and wish to dodge studying for classes...
[/quote]

I will allow as many submissions as you awesome artists wish to come up with, I enjoy seeing your creations and it is neat to see how other people manipulate the scenes/creatures to their liking.[color=#008000] [/color][b][color=#008000]BUT, If you choose to do more then one submission you must tell me by December 24th( BY midnight) and no later which one submission you want to represent you at the polls.[/color] [color=#ff0000]If you fail to let me know which submission you want to represent you by the time I have stated, I will have no choice but to choose it for you and you may not like it the best. [/color][/b][color=#ff0000]That being said, I hope you have a great time doing this, So far the pictures are awesome![/color]