Rumi

Community Garden Artwork Quest #1

I am announcing the first artwork quest of the community garden project. A number of artists have offered to contribute to the community garden project, but as of yet the only contributed artwork has been the drawing of a single flower. (an excellent drawing by Marvolo, I might add)

This artwork quest will require several pieces to be contributed, and the reward will be a wishpoint if the work meets my expectations.

The goal of this first artwork quest is to bring to life the work of the previous design quest winner, Brulant, who designed the pond area of the garden. His work can be found at the bottom of the first page of the Community Garden Plant List:

[url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/9588-community-garden-plant-list/"]http://magicduel.inv...den-plant-list/[/url]

Completion of the artwork quest requires the following series of drawings:

One drawing of each plant listed in Brulant's design
A drawing of the windmill
A drawing of the greenhouse
A drawing of the aeration stream (including water-filtration plants)
A drawing of the entire pond/greenhouse area, including all plants and elements (dimensional proportion should be the same as an MD scene)

[b]ALL ARTWORKS MUST BE SUBMITTED IN THE COMMUNITY GARDEN ARTWORK THREAD:[/b]
[b][url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/9589-community-garden-artwork/"]http://magicduel.inv...garden-artwork/[/url][/b]

Feel free to add new plants or elements if they come to you.

Please look through the Community Garden Design thread to gain an understanding of the function of the various garden elements.
http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/9566-community-garden-design/

All drawings must be black and white pencil in the relative style of MD.
Bear in mind this entire area of the garden is representative of Marind Bell, and the use of MB symbolism is encouraged.

Post your drawings as you finish each one. I may have comments, concerns, suggestions about each one. Some drawings may need to be tweaked to fit the design. Others may need to be redrawn.

The deadline for a first drawing to be submitted is the final day of year 6 (12/31/2011). There is currently no deadline for the completion of this quest.

If anyone wishes to sponsor this quest with lesser rewards, they will be given out for the individual drawings, with the wishpoint being given for the completed quest.

I encourage everyone, including those with little artistic experience, to participate. Each area of the garden will undergo this kind of quest, and a little practice now may help you win a wishpoint later if you do not win now.

Thanks for your important contribution and good luck! Edited by Rumi

I have received two drawings so far, one posted on the artwork forum by Neno Veliki, and another sent privately to me. Both artists decided to draw the windmill as a starting-off point for this quest, and both have drawn a tower mill, a large dutch-style grain mill. This is the kind of mill seen at the Fields of Abandonment. These are very nice drawings and I applaud their work.

The windmill that will be constructed at the community garden will serve the purpose of pumping water from the pond uphill to a stream, which in turn flows back down into the pond. This provides water circulation to help oxygenate the pond and filter contaminants though the reeds, which line the stream. The type of windmill which pumps water in this manner requires far less torque and a far greater number of revolutions per minute (RPM). These windmills are much smaller in size and have a very different design.

[attachment=3570:windmill.jpg]

I hope this clears up any future confusion.

Entry to this artwork quest is closed. Three artists entries have shown promise and I eagerly await the remainder of their work. Others interested in Community Garden Artwork can contact me or look through through the garden forum threads for ideas.

The three artists who are participating in this quest are requested to continue providing their work. All the requested artwork must be posted on forum in the garden artwork thread or privately submitted before a wishpoint can be given. I prefer not to let this drag on all year since this is just the first section of the garden to be illustrated. All of your drawings have been spectacular. Please let's keep it up!

Psst: the WP given to Neno for  "Community Garden Artwork - Fantastic job on toolshed and other artworks. Keep it up!" is illegal aka against the rules. Please fix it.

Neno Veliki is the winner of the community garden artwork quest, which I awarded after he added the toolshed drawing. He refused a WP then, wanting to add more drawings before receiving. However, I am passing this role to Menhir and completing as much of my outstanding obligations as possible.

http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/11048-community-garden-artwork-quest-1/

Thank you for the link to the thread. However there are few things that are still blurry:

1) That thread shows no winners. NOWHERE is the name of Neno mentioned. Did you make a thread with the results? If so, please post the link.

2) The description of the WP says otherwise. There is NO mentioning of ANY quest. How can I know that the Wp that you have awarded is indeed for that quest or not? You had other quests as well.

So please fix it.

ps: just so you know, I have nothing against Neno. He's an awesome artist and seems to do a pretty good job with his role. But I do have an issue on how WPs are awarded.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By Aia del Mana
      In the spirit of Murmas, I wish to run a quest, and seek sponsorship for the quest rewards.

Rewards thus far:
      1 Voice stone (donated by Burns)
      6 Heat stones (donated by Lintara)
      630 Iron Ore (donated by Fang Archbane)
      6 gold coins (donated by Treasury - 3 to first, 2 to second, 1 to third place)
      1 Petrify stone (donated by Jubaris - for the scariest entry)
      As it were that Murmas approacheth, so must good spirits.
      Thine quest were so:
      Write a Murmas poem, or song, or chant. Thine offering must rhyme, and reference the realm in some way, either of the land, or its beings, or otherwise.
      Magic-speak, or archaic-speak, is encouraged, as were wit, and humour, for which further reward should be bestowed.
      I seek an offering that may bring mirth and cheer to others this Murmas, which were that which above all must affect the final judgment.
      As to the length of thine submission, there remaineth no limit; yet, one must remain entertaining throughout.

Of judgment thereof, such were that of each of the following, a score of up to ten points should be given:
      1. For magic-speak, or archaic tongue, or other mystical construct
      2. For rhyme and prosody
      3. For mirth, and wit - and for this, a double scoring.
      4. For support of those of the realm, that were not scored of the judges.
      I shall accept submissions, within the realm, or within this forum, and they shall be anonymous until they are scored.

I would like to have the entries in by Murmas, yet, I know that the other-realm doth pull one away at that time, and so, I shall accept submission if it were late. These may be given to me within the realm of Mur, or within the forum of Mur, afore the great Murmas celebration.

Merry Murmas, and may good fortune befall thee.
    • By lashtal
      Ladies and gentlemen, here's a new quest for all of you.
      It's a chance to obtain a headless skeleton, but most of all a chance to unleash the dark side of your creativity. 

You have to create/design a new undead / build-able creature.

So, first of all you need to put down a list of the ingredients you're going to use.
      You can use only items or resources already existing in MD.
      That said, all categories can be used: resources, common items, personal items, default items… everything, but already implemented.

You can use these lists as official reference on what's on the market right now: Items, Resources.

Second, once you have the ingredients and all the needed quantities, you have to detail all the steps of the procedure (the recipe, if you wish) to obtain such a creature.

Third, your creation needs a name and an image; therefore you have to draw the result of your experiments and name it.

The drawing must follow these rules:
      1 drawing per submission, hand-made, original (not copied), black/white, MD noted on one corner - NO player name, NO player ID. 

Submissions are to be sent to me via forum PM, not posted on the forums.
      I will act as a filter and forward your submissions to 3 judges (unaware of the authors).

All participants will receive either an unholy priest or a tormented soul.
      Main rewards will depend on the n° of participants:

if n° < 10: best submission gets a headless skeleton;
      if n° > 10: best submission can pick either a WP or a headless skeleton, second best submission gets the remaining one.
      if n° > 20: … surprise!

Deadline: 31 May at midnight.

If you wish to judge this quest, please send me a forum PM.
    • By Shemhazaj
      Seeing that there are few different kinds of water as a resource in MD and assuming that they are to have different uses perhaps the device at War Hold could be adapted with ability to interact with different kinds of water?

we have
      water - gathered from lakes, rivers - used in many activities (plant watering, tea brewing, some other recipes)
      rain water - gathered from rain - atm not very useful (perhaps could be used for watering plants as well? it's kinda silly it can't be used that way)
      mineral water - gathered from caves and mineral pools - (usefulness of it might be a completely different topic :P)

perhaps we also might have
      sea water - gathered from sea - used in the WH device to get salt from it

now for the device at War Hold:
      rain water + sand + heat = water (filtered or boiled to improve it's quality)
      water + some kind of dust and/or gas = mineral water 
      lots of sea water + even more heat = water + little bit of salt

this is ofc just a rough idea, the final recipes should be more complicated,
      but what do you think of that?

• By Fang Archbane
      The title says it all >o>

i need a Teleport to Golemus Golemicarum Stone ITC, and was willing to trade some water for it O:!

so, if anyone's interested, we'll talk either in game or by way of forum, if you want to find me in game im always at MDP, if not, go nuts with forum messages -o-
    • By Passant the Weak
      In reference to this [url="http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/topic/11609-marind-bell-elections-voting/"]thread[/url] and on behalf of Kyphis the bard, Fyrd Argentus, and myself, I would like to announce the following:

- we have received votes from citizens of the realm to elect the Regent of Marind Bell
      - we have counted those votes independantly, following the rules linked above.
      - we have cross checked our results and considered we were in a position to announce a winner.

The winner with more than 80% of the votes is: [b]Princ Rhaegar[/b]

Technical notes:
      - 3 counts were made independantly by us and differed at the end by maximum 2 points
      - this difference could be due to people not messaging all 3 archivists in charge of counting the votes, or bad count of Marind Bell citizenship
      - with the clear result stated above, we did not investigate more
      - around 30 votes were cast
      - voters (and their votes) have not been shared with anyone else.

Issued as requested by Marind Bell's representants who tasked us.

Use as you may see fit.