"I don't think that if he would beat me he would leave the competition..."

Burns posted why I left the competition, I didn't have much of a choice. In order to fight Amoran I have to join an alliance. The only alliance I'm willing to temporarily join had set the requirements to join too high for my liking. Now I'm left without an alliance. You tell me, how do I fight Amoran now that I won't be in an alliance? Had I beaten you I'd still have the alliance problem. Keep in mind, I had no idea an MP6 would be fighting in an MP5 category, otherwise I wouldn't have joined. Edited by Eon

you are right... I really haven't thought the thing about that all necrovion are gone for now and so you can't attack mp5... however than it's not correct that you must leave the competition.... should be a mp6 group of nothing mp6 in a mp5 group if there are player without alliance...

MP6 group... come on. Honestly, how many people would join for MP6 only. At the most 4? And the rewards should be higher cause it's a higher MP level. It sounds quite impractical to me. I agree on one thing, perhaps it's not a bad idea to actually state in the rules that you might need an alliance to actually fully participate in the competition, so there aren't any misunderstandings after.

Anyway, i'm also quite disturbed that so few people have actually joined the competition. Even if it's a token competition, Tipu is a good example of a person who could do just as well without tokens. It's all about battle knowledge. Well, a bit of chance, i could agree. But it's a good time for everyone who didn't participate to have a thought and consider joining next time. Even if you don't win the prices, the knowledge you gain from this kind of competitions is priceless.

It was a good battle, but I admit that I've neglected training for too long due to courtesy reasons, and due to my being MP6. That will have to change.

Elthen, I lost the battle anyway - nothing to get too upset about. It's only a competition. Though I do admit that it should have been stated in the rules or something that you have to be in an alliance, or... perhaps there should have been a banned entry for me so Eon could continue to participate.

Thank you Burns for making it a fair competition for me, next time, if I notice that there is an mp6 - mp5 issue, I will likely drop out to avoid any problems for the competition you might be holding.

I was quite sad that Eon was not able to participate. Edited by Amoran Kalamanira Kol

Finally, was about time.
Al told me that he'd probably not be available tonight for the semifinals, so, just as information for Lone Wolf, do your fight when you have time for it. Should just be before tomorrow evening.
[I was informed that some people have something better to do than MD on saturday evening... :))]

I won against MRAlyon, does that mean I get rematch with Shadowseeker?>>

Edit: Seems I missed the Finals date :D I wonder does that disqualify me then >>

Edited by lone wolf pup

Nobody was around at the scheduled finals, guess it's just not important enough. Probably gonna drop the fighting competitions for a while and run some of the others.

And yes, it seems you'll have a go on Seeker again. Whenever you have time to do it, i can't be bothered to set dates nobody cares for anymore.

I suppose I have to apologize for not making it on time for the final. Life commended so on this busy Sunday. I probably should not register when it's defined schedule and reserve my participation to when it's flexible schedule to be arranged between participants.

However Tipu and I managed to fight on Sunday although it was a draw (my post above was about Sunday's results) and finished the fight today on a Victory by Tipu in 2nd round.

He deserves the win with a good adaptation to the situation. I would suggest to make an additional rule next time: at least 1 token to be annouced by defender. *laughs*

Thanks Burns for arranging that contest, as I said earlier, I did learn quite a lot of things ina few matches.

[quote]Tipu - Passant: Tipu wins the Grand Prize: St. John Allerdyce, Elemental with 2,9m heat and 162 age.

Shadowseeker - Lone Wolf: Shadow wins Grand Prize: Prot Freeze Stone, Master of Puppets and 3 gold.[/quote]

Hooray, just 2 days belated, we have results.
I hope you all had your fair share of fun, see you next time :D

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By Burns
      In this event of the Sparring Ground Championships, only the scariest of all creatures are allowed: Colorful ones!

Only colored creatures may be used, tokens, influence and combo are not allowed.
      Of course, in the spirit of halloween, tricks are allowed, so use all the magic you can get your hands on

Due to the power certain colored creatures have, i've got to limit rituals a little. You may only use one drachorn or one snowman.

The variety of rituals may be limited, but the magics make up for that.

We'll have the finals during the party time, therefor the sign up ends on 20th. Since we had issues last time, MP6 aren't allowed to participate this time.
      As usual, sign up with your MP-level.
    • By Burns
      In this competition, anything is allowed. Spells, tokens, stats, whatever, you name it, you can use it. You just have to fight, stopping each other from doing that is not allowed.

The specialty in this event is that it will be a team competition. All participants will have to split in two teams. Also, a captain for each team has to be appointed.

The point is NOT to defeat the whole other team, though. I'll use a randomizer to create pairs of people and the desired outcome, win or loss. Team A will be asked to produce exactly that pattern, while team B's objective will be to prevent that. The attacking team doesn't have to stick to any schedules for their attacks, they can immidiately do them all, or postpone them for a bit. In the case of uneven teams, one player might have to attack more than one opponent, or defend against more than one opponent, so you'll want to get even teams to prevent that, for example, one defender has to lose and win in the same pattern. The attackers are not obliged to announce which attack they'll do when, and they are not limited to just one attack. Only the first fight between the two opponents matched for that pattern counts, though. For example, you can send somebody else from your team to test the defence, but you can't call it a test if you tried it yourself.

Example: My randomizer says that eon has to lose against dst in his teams attack. So, Eon will attack to lose, and dst will defend to lose. If Eon manages to lose, his team scores, is dst makes him win, her team scores.

The team with the higher score after 3 such rounds, each consisting of 2 patterns, one with team a attacking, one with team b attacking, and each taking place on a saturday evening in the marble dale park, wins, and the captain will get a bunch of prices to give out to his or her comrades.

You will want to have a nicely mixed team of all MP-levels. If you have too little players from a level, the few unlucky ones will have to do more fights, and probably get into the situation of wanting to win and lose an incoming fight in the same round. You can guess that this won't go too well.

You have 1 week for the registration. I suggest you start as soon as possible, and keep the list or participants from your team up to date, including their MP-level, so the other team can recruit some matches in time. Having too little players of a level is a slight advantage in offence, but a big disadvantage in defence.

The times will be set in accordance with the team captains. I plan to give you half an hour per pattern, so this event will take 3 sessions รก ~65 minutes.
      Yes, it sounds all complicated, but it really isn't. We'll run a trial edition a few days before starting with the first real contest, so don't worry.
    • By Burns
      Before you get too used to fighting just against one person at a time, I'll go and announce a radically different competition for a change [img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]

The objective of the Honor Competition is to reach a certain amount of honor, nothing more, nothing less.
      For doing that, everything is allowed, except for [color=#FF0000]leaving the Sparring Grounds[/color] during the game.

There is no need to sign up for this competition. I'll announce the time a few days ahead on the forums, and again in the mood panel a few minutes before it starts, together with the amount of honor you'll need to achieve.

I'll be present at all times during the games, logging out or leaving the park leads to disqualification. If something seems fishy to me, i'll do a locate on you to see if you've left the park. Maximum duration of a game will be 1 hour, if nobody gets the exact amount by then, the person closest to it will be declared winner.
      Clarification, due to complaints: This means, whoever is closest at the time the contest ends, NOT whoever was closest at some point during the competition. ONLY values stored in the last minute count for this plan B-rule!

To win the competition, you'll need to win 3 games. We'll see how long it takes [img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif[/img]
      During the competition, a button to save your honor on the signpost will be available. Only honor counts saved there count for the competition. Spells to send somebody elsewhere don't disqualify their targets, but their casters.

Rewards depend on participation as usual.

The first game starts on Sunday, 22:00. (Maybe a little later if the finals of the aura competition take longer than expected)

Good luck to all participants, and have fun [img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]

First round, May 08, 22:45, goes to Ravenstrider in less than 20 minutes: Ravenstrider 1059 23:04:09. Congrats!
    • By Burns
      For this event, you are allowed to use all creatures that have [color=#FF0000]NO AURAS (=Special Influences). No pray power and no tokens for this event.[/color]

Sign up here until Sunday, 1st of May, with your name and MP-level. Rewards are not yet fixed and will be announced when i know the competition.

Please only sign up if you seriously want to play, and have time to do so in the first week of May. If this doesn't work out again, i'll have to charge an entry fee next time.

Jason V, MP4 (ignore this, he just asked me to keep his name for the competition.)
    • By Burns
      Sparring Ground Championships (SGC) proudly presents the Black and White Competition!

In this event, nothing of any color is allowed. This means: [color=#FF0000]No tokens, combat influence/pray power, spells, combo, shop creatures, and other shop features whatsoever[/color].

As added handicap, the defending player MUST tell the attacking player half of the creatures they use, in case of odd numbers rounded up. Which creatures they give away before combat is up to their own choice.

Due to this obvious advantage of the attacker, each round of battle consists of 2 fights, one as attacker, one as defender. Should a round end as tie, another round needs to take place, until one person wins both the attacking and defending fight of a round.

I'll decide for a tournament mode next Saturday, that's 26th, around midnight. You have until then to sign up if you wish to participate. Please include your MP-level, 6 will have to fight in the same class as 5.

SGC wishes all participants good luck and clean fights. [img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]

Edit, about rewards... Depends on the size of the tournament. If there's a big crowd, there'll be big prizes. If there's just 2 participants, there'll be no prizes. You can either play, or not. Should i happen to give out 20 wishpoints in the end, and you didn't sign up til saturday, you lost your chance. [img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif[/img]