Sign in to follow this  
Burns

Team Competition

xrieg's team wins 14:12.

That's so close that i decide to be generous and give both teams a share of reward, but xrieg gets the better ones, obviously :D

Find your captains to claim rewards, what you get from the pot is up to their discretion.

Edited by Burns
14:12, not 14:21 <.<

Thanks for the event - to Burns as organizer and to all team members - of both teams :-)
I enjoyed the event more than I planned to :-P

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Forum Statistics

Total Topics
    Total Posts
  • Similar Content

• By Burns
      In this event of the Sparring Ground Championships, only the scariest of all creatures are allowed: Colorful ones!

Only colored creatures may be used, tokens, influence and combo are not allowed.
      Of course, in the spirit of halloween, tricks are allowed, so use all the magic you can get your hands on

Due to the power certain colored creatures have, i've got to limit rituals a little. You may only use one drachorn or one snowman.

The variety of rituals may be limited, but the magics make up for that.

We'll have the finals during the party time, therefor the sign up ends on 20th. Since we had issues last time, MP6 aren't allowed to participate this time.
      As usual, sign up with your MP-level.
    • By Burns
      This tournament will be a little more difficult than the former competitions.

Generally, everything except for spells is allowed this time. Any shop creatures and tokens are allowed, as are tokens, combo and all that.

However, and here's the fun bit, tokens that are used can change the behavior of your opponent greatly.

As usual, it'll be a 1 on 1 tournament, and you win against an opponent by winning the outgoing as well as the incoming fight against them.
      The defender uses a ritual with 0% influence and announces a token count to the attacker. The defender obviously mustn't use more than the announced count, but he has the strategic freedom to announce a higher count than what he actually uses (aka, put the attacker on a wrong trace).
      For every token in this announced count, the attacker can use either 5k combo OR 1 token OR 5% pray power, mixtures possible, in the attacking ritual.

As examples: The defender announces 0 tokens. In this case, the attacker has to fight with 0%, 0 combo and 0 tokens as well.

The defender announces 20 tokens. In this case, the attacker could use 20 tokens, or 100% influence, or 100k combo, or a mixed strategy of, for example, 6 tokens, 50k combo, and 20% influence.

Just like the defender can play with announcing a higher count, the attacker doesn't have to use up all the points they could. If there were 5 tokens announced, the attacker could as well play with 4 tokens, no combo and no influence and let the last available point open.

If one of the two fighters goes over the announced count, the fight counts as won by the other party. In this game, such a failure doesn't lead to disqualification because it really could happen easily. Don't sign up if you have problems with maths <.<

'Useless' tokens count for the token count, of course!

Rewards depend on the level of participation, as usual.

Sign up for the event until Friday, 9th of September, please include the MP level you will play in, as usual.
    • By Burns
      Before you get too used to fighting just against one person at a time, I'll go and announce a radically different competition for a change [img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]

The objective of the Honor Competition is to reach a certain amount of honor, nothing more, nothing less.
      For doing that, everything is allowed, except for [color=#FF0000]leaving the Sparring Grounds[/color] during the game.

There is no need to sign up for this competition. I'll announce the time a few days ahead on the forums, and again in the mood panel a few minutes before it starts, together with the amount of honor you'll need to achieve.

I'll be present at all times during the games, logging out or leaving the park leads to disqualification. If something seems fishy to me, i'll do a locate on you to see if you've left the park. Maximum duration of a game will be 1 hour, if nobody gets the exact amount by then, the person closest to it will be declared winner.
      Clarification, due to complaints: This means, whoever is closest at the time the contest ends, NOT whoever was closest at some point during the competition. ONLY values stored in the last minute count for this plan B-rule!

To win the competition, you'll need to win 3 games. We'll see how long it takes [img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif[/img]
      During the competition, a button to save your honor on the signpost will be available. Only honor counts saved there count for the competition. Spells to send somebody elsewhere don't disqualify their targets, but their casters.

Rewards depend on participation as usual.

The first game starts on Sunday, 22:00. (Maybe a little later if the finals of the aura competition take longer than expected)

Good luck to all participants, and have fun [img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]

First round, May 08, 22:45, goes to Ravenstrider in less than 20 minutes: Ravenstrider 1059 23:04:09. Congrats!
    • By Burns
      For this event, you are allowed to use all creatures that have [color=#FF0000]NO AURAS (=Special Influences). No pray power and no tokens for this event.[/color]

Sign up here until Sunday, 1st of May, with your name and MP-level. Rewards are not yet fixed and will be announced when i know the competition.

Please only sign up if you seriously want to play, and have time to do so in the first week of May. If this doesn't work out again, i'll have to charge an entry fee next time.

Jason V, MP4 (ignore this, he just asked me to keep his name for the competition.)
    • By Burns
      Sparring Ground Championships (SGC) proudly presents the Black and White Competition!

In this event, nothing of any color is allowed. This means: [color=#FF0000]No tokens, combat influence/pray power, spells, combo, shop creatures, and other shop features whatsoever[/color].

As added handicap, the defending player MUST tell the attacking player half of the creatures they use, in case of odd numbers rounded up. Which creatures they give away before combat is up to their own choice.

Due to this obvious advantage of the attacker, each round of battle consists of 2 fights, one as attacker, one as defender. Should a round end as tie, another round needs to take place, until one person wins both the attacking and defending fight of a round.

I'll decide for a tournament mode next Saturday, that's 26th, around midnight. You have until then to sign up if you wish to participate. Please include your MP-level, 6 will have to fight in the same class as 5.

SGC wishes all participants good luck and clean fights. [img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif[/img]

Edit, about rewards... Depends on the size of the tournament. If there's a big crowd, there'll be big prizes. If there's just 2 participants, there'll be no prizes. You can either play, or not. Should i happen to give out 20 wishpoints in the end, and you didn't sign up til saturday, you lost your chance. [img]http://magicduel.invisionzone.com/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif[/img]