Jump to content

Steno

Member
  • Content Count

    312
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    25

Posts posted by Steno


  1. 23 minutes ago, Ungod said:

    . I doubt anyone will buy 20 gold bars for 20 gc, or 200 gems, or 4000 iron ore, especially since you use the whole stack for making an ingot.

    (successful trades would increase a skill, let's call it 'honest trading' or something)

      Reveal hidden contents

    This isn't about replacing the economy we have, or substantially altering it (although it will, to a degree), it's more about creating a class of honest merchants and introducing risk as an inevitable balancing effect to securing and selling commodities, which is, in theory, easy and harmless. 

     

    Interesting. I thought I should remind you Ungod of https://magicduel.com/page/Announcement/view/5026

    I like your idea of risk. Is there a possibility that instead of death, which is quite a heavy punishment, or perhaps, as a more likely negative outcome, that any trades run the risk of either

    A) Being rejected by the merchant, whereas, perhaps he takes some as a fee for his time [this is kind of dumb imo, but thought I'd mention anyway]

    B) That instead of getting currency back, there is a chance that you get an utterly useless resource that can only be gotten from the merchant, say... trader vouchers. Which could then be used to trade at a truly abysmal rate, say, 150 vouchers for 1 SC. whereas I would speculate that even common resources, like water, would have a higher rate than that. 

     

    Edit: by in addition, I meant something along the lines of 50% chance successful trade, 35% poor trade (refusal or for basically useless resource), 15% change death

    P.S. The voucher system seems stupid. But it could also be as simple as determining the most useless resource already in existence (as determined by sheer ability to obtain in the realm) and make it the currency the trader gives to you)--->This could also be done that if the trade has 4k aromatic herbs and you want coin for your water, he may give you the herbs instead, since he just paid a bunch of people for the herbs, he needs to move the herbs, not deplete his coffers


  2. A game about stories. Stories that you choose not only what happens, but where it goes, how it impacts you, and even what that story is. I've learned that in MagicDuel one often has their character go and explore options, or routes, that they(or I) would never take as a person. My character might find fulfillment in doing something that I never would in my real life. Then the realization hits that my character and I are not so different after all. In that moment, the friends, the choices, the decisions, the stories become more than just part of a game and a character, they become real, they become part of you. All of those times when your character did something that forced you out of your comfort zone, you've realized that your comfort zone has now grown. I have been pushed, pulled, and gravitated to many things in MagicDuel, all of these have made me do two things: learn and grow.


  3. Since It's about to be August and August will be LotE, here are some answers to the harder ones...

    Please note that there are no spaces or apostrophes in answers.

    6. A player present during this year's anniversary

    8. Starts with the word "Nelya"

    10. One word, we use it a lot with new players.

    12. A monster in greek mythology

    16. Has tiles and a pulley

    19. Has an alt with the name "Dragon" on the end, his avatar wields a hammer

    24. This one could be called Scout, starts with an abbreviation

    There, 25% of them now have better clues. I will be giving 3 SC for completion of this, since that's how much SC I've gained this month and both the image quality and difficulty of this were high indeed.

     


  4. My Other vote is Make MD FF-compatible (I personally have no issues, but others complain incessantly) and/or make a magicduel.com/mobile page that allows you to fight and move (hopefully less intensive-particularly by making static erolin orbs an option)

     

    Also my vote includes adding the discord button... but Apparently I have to work to get him to do that :P


  5. A creature that when fed an item (fed actively, not passively like some other creatures, like you have a button on creature page that says "Feed") makes you 'stealthy' or 'silent' for a time.

    Basically, when fed something this creature gives you a buff where your echo either doesn't appear, 1.2 the time, or only 5 minutes. This buff would be with the tradeoff of a -25% attack and -25% power debuff.

    The main tradeoff of this would be that it takes up a creature slot while having no combat abilities. This being on an item would probably be easier, but I wanted to explore the offset space a little more.

    I kind of like the thought that you quiet your mind, attempting to control how noisy you are to the outside world. The state of mind is not quite tranquility, but something with intent behind it. It's like focus, you are turning your actions and mental energies from a raging river (which floods and everyone can see) to a piped water system, moves very fast but you don't see it. Yes it is a very poorly-worded analogy. But I wanted to figure out what 'state of mind' you would occupy when you recruited and utilized this creature.

    Also, with the new map feature and locate stones being plentiful, this wouldn't be very powerful. Now, if it took your dot off the map.... ;) It would have an entire array of fun implications for future events, like Heads, Torch, Races, Tag, etc.

    The accompanying resource to consume I have not thought about, but I was thinking it could be something costly like cake, so in theory 1 team would have 1 person with a bunch of cake and this one creature to feed the cake to as a strategy to win the torch contest.

     

    Also, can this topic be moved to New Ideas, where it belongs?


  6. #1: I loved this. I've been wanting to ask this stuff for awhile, but no one really seemed to have time -ingame. Mur's whole lecture coin changed that. I learned how to do some really simple stuff that I would have honestly given up on before clearing that hurdle

    #2 I wish it was longer or that I had multiple clickies to practice in at once when I asked (I thought chew was offline so my query would give me time to prepare :P)

    #3 The best part about this was that it in the future people who want to MDScript can look at a conversation about how to do MDScript and then  do it. One of the things the MDScript help files don't seem to do very well is the lack of pictures, maybe I'm dumb, but having a picture that shows it in the window, and what code corresponds to what stuff in the html window side would have solved my problems months ago when I first tried MDScript.

     

    10/10 would listen again

    As a heads-up to all people thinking about spending their lecture coins: prepare more than 3 questions in advance. Like try 10 or more.

    image.jpeg.ff00da952ce8071a848fcaabba0a0660.jpeg


  7. I am not sure if this is where to post when they have occurred or not (not totally clear on the procedure of this initiative since I haven't seen Ailith for a bit.

    But I didn't understand coding at all, let alone MDScript. Chewett spend over an hour answering questions, walking me (the blundering fool) through the hurdles of basic MDScripting to do some basic things that are incredibly handy in quest-writing.

    If you want to check it out(or need the proof), go to the discord, and go to language learning channel.

    Search for "Timer starts now, 16:50" to find the beginning of the lecture"

×
×
  • Create New...