As the title says its a regular Hangman style tournament with a few tweaks. You have a Sick patient and you need to save him!! What do you have to do to be a part of it? Register! Post your Player name and Player ID here in the thread to get registered. The registration ends on 18th of this month at 11.59 ST. Then you will be pitted against each other.
So what so you do in this game?
1. You gather 3 words for 3 rounds for this game.
Each word should've been mentioned somewhere in the MD Wiki.
It should be less than 15 letters in total.
Can be a set of multiple words like 'Marind Bell' but should be less than 15 letters in total.
The word should not be a player's name and should not contain any special characters in it.
2. I have my 3 words. What next?
You will go against a player selected randomly for 3 rounds per player.
Before the start of each round, the opposing player will send me the word by FORUM pm. I will present the word to the attempting player to guess. For example, if the opposing player gave me the word Marind Bell, I will present the word to the attempting player as - _/_/_/_/_/_ + _/_/_/_
The attempting player will Guess one letter. For example 'L'. Then I will mark all the L's in the word and present the letter as _/_/_/_/_/_ + _/_/L/L
If the person guesses a wrong letter, For example 'Z', It counts as 1 strike against the attempting person.
Each player gets upto 9 strikes in total over all the three rounds. 10th wrong attempt will mean the game will end irrespective of how many rounds are remaining. Unless you have certain Tools.
3. You mentioned Tools! What are they?
Each Player will get 5 tools to help them out during the course of the game. They are:
1. Murder: Kill the Man Instantly. Can be used by the opposing player at any point of the game. Attempting player loses the round instantly.
2. Slice off a Limb: Can be used by the opposing player at any point of the game. Adds a strike from the attempting team's total number of guesses. After the round is over, the effect gets canceled and the original strike count is back into consideration. For example, if the Attempting player has 8 strikes will now. And the opposing player wants to slice a limb off, the total strikes of the attempting player will increase to 9 for that round and the next mistake means he is out of the game. However if he manages to complete that round, his total strike count goes back to 8.
3. Xray: The attempting player can use this at any point of the game. Select one empty slot. All the slots with the same letter in the word will be exposed.
4. Antibiotic: The attempting player can use this at any point of the game. Their strike count reduces by one for that particular round. After the round, the strike count gets back to the original count. for example, if the attempting player has 9 strikes, they can use this tool to reduce their strike count to 8. after the round the strike count will be back to 9.
5. Philosopher's Stone: attempting team instantly wins the round. Can be used after the player gets 9 strikes to win the round as well. This can also be used to continue the round after the opposing player uses the Murder tool. And vice versa. The opposing player can use the Murder tool right after a player uses the Philosopher's stone tool.
Each tool can be used only once by one player over the course of the match. Effect ends with the end of that round. They reset with Every new match along with the strikes.
4. You explained all those BS rules which I probably wont understand till i actually play the game, but you never told me how to win!!!
The person winning the maximum number of rounds wins and goes to the next stage of the tournament.
5. Ok.. But What if there is a tie?
I will give the tie breaker word. The chance to guess the letter will alternate with each guess between the players. The first person to guess the word wins. The person with the lesser number of strikes gets the choice to choose whether they want to go first or second. If there are any unused tools left, they can be used in the tie breaker as well.
I know it sounds a little complex, it'll be way easier to understand once you start playing!
6. WAIT A MINUTE! YOU FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT PART! What about the rewards?
Apologies. I almost forgot. If there are 5 or more than 5 players, there will a wishpoint for the first place and 5g for the second. if there are less than 5 participants, 5g for the first place and 3g for the second. The plushies and anni crits sponsorship will be decided by the TKs. Good Luck! Let me know if there are any doubts.
TO REGISTER, PLEASE STATE YOUR PLAYER NAME AND PLAYER ID BELOW IN THIS THREAD.
Aia del Mana
So after randomisation and stuff I came to this :
A. Bayek Vs Aia - 23rd 1100 ST > Aia
B. Mallos vs Jubaris - 23rd 2000 ST > Jubaris
C. Ledah vs New Player - 23rd 1800 ST > new player
D. Ivorak vs Pipstickz - 23rd 2000 ST > Ivorak
E. dst vs Lintara - 21st 1700 ST > dst
F. Aia vs Jubaris > Aia
G. Ivorak vs dst - 23rd 2100 ST > dst
H. new player vs Aia > Aia
I. Aia vs dst. (Finale) > Aia
WInner of this tournament was AIA!
So we need to finish this by 24th of this month. So that I can host the grand finale on 25th or 26th.. Whichever is more convenient.
P.S. I understand That F has to face an extra round of combat than G. But that was also randomised coz I cannot find an alternative and it has to be like that :|
First place: Aia del Mana _ wishpoint
Second Place : dst - 5 gold note