A while ago I saw an mp3 recruiting heretic archers, elementals and asking for advise whether what to sacrifice, also considering regeneration time for Value points regeneration I guess also for Vitality Energy (in terms of recruiting).
It's just that even if MD had changed so much, I can still remember those days that really hooked me, that feeling of excitement when every day I count the age of my creatures so I could upgrade them and other stuffs that makes me think only of MD, make me not sleep and even dream about it, I hope same with you guys.
When I saw that mp3 talking about which to sacrifice, which is a better creature, waiting for regeneration time, it really reminded me of the old days. Not just as an mp3, but also for mp4 and mp5. Damn I miss those days
We noticed that population for mp3 and mp4's very low especially mp3. And I am afraid that that mp3 who's so interested might just leave (hopefully not) the game due to lack of people in the same mp level to socialize with.
I have some ideas and I hope that people will help on developing this idea. Criticisms and advises are welcome (so we could see the flaws of the idea) but I wish them to constructive and with attached additional ideas on how to make the idea work with less flaw or better if it’s flawless.
1. Creating of temporary NPCs (5-6) that won’t disappear after the fight immediately ONLY FOR MP3s (not for mp4s and mp5s). The purpose of having more than 1 additional NPC is its level of difficulty. The NPCs will be composed of normal creatures accessible for mp3 in No man’s Land and Marind Bell only. This way mp3 won’t be spoiled on being able to get creatures way ahead of time (LR and Necro). The reason for not disappearing Immediately is that there are wins and losses requirement for mp3 to advance to mp4, maybe there’s a possibility that the system would auto-trigger the disappearance of the NPCs when an mp3 reaches a certain amount of wins and losses let’s say once they reach 60 wins and 60 losses so that they won’t also be lazy thinking that “oh there are npcs to farm with”. Plus once they reach the 60 losses without reaching 60 wins, they can’t farm losses on npcs anymore, if they fight the npc and they lose, it won’t increase their lost fight or maybe limit the # of fights they can make with the additional npcs, maybe 120 fights for all the new npcs.
2. Trading not allowed for MP3s except when they reach a certain amount of active days. Let’s say 365 days (this is in consideration that they are taking their time learning the game play as a whole in mp3). Reason for this is to not spoil the age requirements of creatures. And give them that spark or feeling of excitement of waiting for the right time. For items, maybe trade is possible but with restriction, let’s say higher mp level players won’t give mp3s spells that are overpowered (are there any?) maybe stones that allows you to go to other places (restricted for mp3s except if they won contest or something similar) – more on community’s discipline
3. Spells could be overpowered especially in mp3, even heal, just imagine without lifesteal in mp3, 100k heal is a lot. So maybe limit the heal to max ve of the mp3 if it’s targeted on an mp3 (2 and 3 maybe too much but I think this is necessary so that it won’t spoil the fun in learning in mp3).
4. No tokens for mp3s but for those who have creatures already tokened in mp3, maybe there’s a possibility that they won’t appear or they won’t affect fights as mp3 and will appear again once they go to mp4.
5. The 2% attack and defense boost in MD shop be inaccessible for mp3s only
6. Heads Contest be reinstated but rename it something like “Rookie fighter of the month or learning in fighting etc…” award could be the same, or add some tags for the winners, this will be good if only reinstated for mp3s maybe also with mp4 since game play in mp4 is different compared to mp3. Reason is that, can you still remember that day when 5-10 attack stat really matters and the base stat of creatures also has a big impact in the fight? Especially now there are mp3 restrictions in for upgrading creatures. It just makes it more exciting not knowing who can win, coz with the upgrading restriction there will be a lot of ritual variations. Strategy and dedication (activeness) will really matter.
If you noticed I am more focused on mp3 development. Why? Because once this will be successful, slowly mp3 population will go up, none the less, they will go up to mp4 and mp5 J
These are also based on my personal feeling when I first played MD, things that really made me stay and not just play the game, but learn from it. it’s a little battle focused idea, because that’s me, I really love battling (only in game), I am not excluding role playing, even if there will be changes and restrictions, new players are still allowed to talk to higher mp level players, in the process learning how to role play will still be there.
We need ideas here, I am sure I missed a lot of things that could enhance the idea so please feel free to post what you think could help, that way if ever this will be considered and implemented. The negative effect on MD will be very minimal.