Over the years, in MD, many people learned things that eventually changed their life.
In 15 years of MagicDuel, this is probably the most valuable thing thing one could obtain, along with lifetime friends.
I want to revive this "MD spirit"
So...what is this about? Let me try to explain it
People can be divided in two categories, and all people belong to both so how is this ? Each one of us has questions but also answers. In your line of work, you might be paid with 100Eur/hour or 2Eur/hour, its still an hour of your life. There are many young people that might spend years of their life searching for something they love to do, or discover that something in the most unexpected place. Myself, i teached things i knew to md people, sometimes "pro-bono" other times because i needed them to do things, but either way, in the end, they learned something new.
I wish to introduce a new value unit, lets call it "lecture coins".
One lecture coin equals one hour of your life sharing knowledge from your line of work, regardless what your work is. You might be a good programmer, or a doctor (and yes we have several in md), or you might be simply a delivery guy thinking you have nothing valuable to share. One lecture coin equals one hours of your life, and in that hour you must share your knowledge from your field of work, as best as you can, as if your life depended on it.
The person "listening" and learning from you, will discover the tips and tricks of your particular line of work, and might love it, or might just expand his knowledge about it for other use, regardless, that person, the pupil, will pay you one lecture coin for that hour of your life. With that coin you can "buy" time from someone else, equal also one hour of their time, sharing detailed and valuable info from their own knowledge.
You might think...some peoples time values more than others, and thats true...but knowledge is knowledge, and if you are looking for it, its valuable, regardles how much it costs as monetary value its still an HOUR of someones life.
The rules are these:
For one full hour, you will try to answer any question, but also provide unrequested info from your personal expertise, as if you would have to teach someone to do your job the next day.
You will put all possible effort into this, during that hour, and that person will rate you at the end, telling if you provided info that was valuable, or not.
In exchange, you receive a lecture coin, that you will be able to use for same purpose yourself.
Also, you will have a "menu" presenting all possible knowledge fields you could cover, regardless how stupid or valuable they might be. You could be a SEO expert or lawyer, asking for 600$/hour, or a pizza guy that could share tips and tricks about how to do that job better, its equal value. Think that you might change lives forever, losing just an hour or two of your life, you might make someone a better person, or earn a lifetime friend.
I will be the first to donate time of my life to this. I will sponsor lecture coins to anyone that wishes to participate, and get people that want to listen to what they have to say, for one hour, and these lecture coins are payment i will accept for my own time, sharing information the best i can, from any field i might have something to say about.
As example, i will show you my menu, for anyone interested:
My current "Menu" is this:
- Learning programming in general
- Tips and tricks about webdevelopment and webdev tips and tricks accumlated over years, not easy to find online
- How to start to learn python (:D i am new to it too, but i will share an hour with you, guiding you through the best and most time saving info i can)
- Any question you could ask a webdeveloper with 20years experience paid with 50$/h, i will consider you paid me 50$ and act accordingly, but will do only knowlede sharing, not work in your place.
- neural networks, robotics, and anything related i might know
- a random choice of art related activity i will pick, that you could replicate
- Anything else i might know and you know how to ask, to the best of my ability
- a mix of all of the above, trying to the best of my ability to find something that interests you personally. I will consider you pay me double my hourly rate, only if you are satisfied in the end, even if its all for free.
- psychological adice and personal experience share of how to overcome addictions (why not, i've become an expert from my own experience and from others)
- cooking lessons of my favorite food adapted to your resources
I will start sharing 3 hours of my life to either individuals, or groups, and expect other professionals out there to contribute the same way.
Do you want to participate and learn new stuff. Either participate as a student or as a teacher.
Thats it.. i hope this initiative resonates with you, because i think MD is about knowing people and learning from them, so if you are here, lets get organized
Overall i plan to put in motion 100 lecture coins, that will circulate in exchange of hours of your knowldge. 100 should be more than enough, but i will start with sponsoring you if you offer to share hours, or learn, and with hours of my time, each valuing one symbolic coin.
These coins will be also given as items in your md inventory, and medals will come for those that gather most.
My time is very limited so i will select the people i wish to dedicate time to, but just ask...or offer.